|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
Enjoy the ride!
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Winged|
|Model / product||Custom Wing Coaster|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
Top speed61 mph
History[edit | edit source]
- In March 2011, plans for "Dollywood Attraction 2012" were submitted to the Pigeon Forge Planning Commission. The plans indicated the need to relocate three buildings before the construction of a 2012 attraction could begin. The plans were approved immediately.
- In May 2011, preparatory ground work started to take place. It was stated that the attraction would be the first of its kind in the United States and that one element should set a world record.
- In June 2011, the slogan for the attraction was revealed to be "The Sky Is Not The Limit" as blue Bolliger & Mabillard track began appearing at the park. A preview website for the ride was launched shortly after at http://www.dollywood2012.com.
- Wild Eagle was officially announced at the Boomsday Festival in Knoxville, Tennessee, on September 4, 2011. Dolly Parton's announcement of the ride's name was followed by fireworks and laser images of an animated flying eagle. Costing $20 million, Wild Eagle was the biggest investment in the park's history. *The ride officially opened on March 24, 2012.
Design[edit | edit source]
Trains[edit | edit source]
Images[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Roller coasters at Dollywood|
|Present||Blazing Fury • Dragon Flier • FireChaser Express • Lightning Rod • Mystery Mine • Tennessee Tornado • Thunderhead • Whistle Punk Chaser • Wild Eagle|
|Former||Thunder Express • Sideshow Spin|