|This page documents a Coasterpedia policy.|
It describes a generally-accepted standard that all editors should follow. Proposed changes may be discussed on the talk page.
This article is a guide for consistently naming all articles on this wiki. The goal is to systematically name every article in such a way that there is no ambiguity. This makes finding articles and identifying duplicates easier.
If in doubt, please create the article anyway and other editors may correct the name.
- In cases where a ride or park has multiple names, the name on the entrance is used.
- Roller coaster articles should use the name and park under which the roller coaster last operated. For example, Batman And Robin: The Chiller is not called "Unknown (Beto Carrero World)".
- Article names should never be written in capitals (even if they are used in official logos) unless the subject is an acronym. Taking Thirteen as an example,
(stylized as '''TH13TEEN''')may be added at the start of the article.
- Generally, sponsors in names such as "bigFM Expedition GeForce" should be omitted unless the sponsor forms an integral part of the ride's identity. Obviously this is subjective and should be discussed on the article talk page on an individual basis.
- Roller coaster names should not begin with "The" or translations of that word. This is to ensure consistncy as users may forget which roller coasters have "The" in the official title and may be unable to find the ride as a result.
If multiple topics share the same name, a disambiguation page should be created with that name. All linked articles require brackets with information to differentiate each article.
||Title of the article is the most recent name of the roller coaster.|
||If more than one roller coaster shared the same name, the location of the roller coaster may be added in brackets.|
||If two or more roller coasters at the same park share the same name, the opening year may be added in brackets.|
||If two or more roller coasters at multiple parks share the same name and two or more at the same park share the same name, first the park and opening year may be added, separated by a semicolon.|
||If exact opening years are not known, approximations may be used.|
||Title of the article is the most recent name of the amusement park.|
||If more than one amusement park with the same name exists within a country, the city or local area name may be added in brackets.|
||If more than one amusement park with the same name exists across multiple countries, the country name may be added in brackets.|
||If more than one amusement park with the same name exists across multiple countries and more than one amusement park with the same name exists within the same country, the country name followed by a local area name may be added in brackets. For parks within countries with only one amusement park sharing the same name, only the country name is required.|
||If, as well as the conditions above, multiple amusement parks have existed in the same area which share the same name, the opening year may be added.|