m (Lachlan5963 moved page Help:Why create an account? to Help:Why create an account without leaving a redirect)
Revision as of 18:59, 28 December 2012
__NOSHAREDHELP__ Creating an account on Coasterpedia is free and easy, and a great way to join a passionate community of people who love roller coasters and amusement parks. Having an account also gives you extra abilities and features that un-registered users do not have access to. Your account is used on every Wikia wiki, so you only need to create it once and you will be able to log into every Wikia community.
How do I create an account?
- On the top right of every page on Coasterpedia, you will find links to create an account, sign in as well as use Facebook connect to log in. You can also visit Special:Signup
- An account creation page will load, and allow you to fill in your account details.
Features for registered users
As a registered user, you are able to:
- Keep track of your contributions
- Follow your favorite articles
- Enable email notification to be notified of changes
- Create a user page to describe yourself
- Maintain a user talk page where others can contact you
- Personalize your preferences to tailor the functionality of Wikia to your needs
- Upload photos
- Customize your personal stylesheet to change your view of Wikia sites
- Rename pages (with the "move" tab)
I forgot my password. What can I do?
- If you forget your password, you can easily have a new one sent to you on the Log-in page. Simply click on the Log-in text on the top right. You can then choose to have a new password emailed to you.
- If you remember your password, and simply want to change it, visit Special:changepassword.
Can my account be deleted?
- It is not possible for accounts on Coasterpedia to be fully deleted, but they can be disabled.
- If you want to use a different username, you can create a new account and begin using the new one instead (or rename the account). If there is a risk you will be suspected of "sockpuppetry" (using two or more duplicated accounts for malicious purposes such as double voting), and you should add a note to the user page of the sockpuppet accounts to make it clear you have changed your username.