Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc.
|Headquarters||Hatfield, Pennsylvania, USA|
The company was established in 1904 as Philadelphia Carousel Company by Henry B. Auchy and Chester Albright after the pair acquired a business from Edward Joy Morris the previous year. The company built amusement devices such as carousels, roller coasters, and their trains. The company stopped manufacturing carousels in the 1930s.
John C. Allen was a long-time employee of the company and rose to become president. Despite intending to retire as early as 1972, Allen continued to work at Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters for some time. Allen's last coaster was Screamin' Eagle which opened in 1976. The company subsequently stopped building coasters, however, they continue to build and maintain wooden roller coaster trains.
The name of the company was changed to Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters in the early 1990s.
- About Us - History - Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc.
- "The magical world of carousels", The Record (August 15, 1976), pp. 46. Retrieved on October 23, 2020.
- "Coaster Designer Proud of Kings Island Ride", The Cincinnati Enquirer (April 2, 1972), pp. 6. Retrieved on November 12, 2020.
This article is a stub. You can help Coasterpedia by expanding it.