Okay lets try and clear this up! Let me know your thoughts.
I've created pages for the Madhouse (ride type) and Mystic Swing (powered and unpowered). My personal opinion is that these types are different enough to warrant their own pages, as the Mad House is a clear step up from the Mystic/Haunted swing. However this may change if I find more swing rides that fit inbetween a Mystic Swing and a Madhouse, size wise.
A user has asked what system is used to name rides. There isn't one, as up until recently @Jason foulkes was the only person who edited ride articles. Naturally this means ride naming is skewed towards British names. So I have the following ideas to create a "system" so it is clear to new users how to name things:
- Keep doing the same and use the British names, and make this the naming policy.
- Use whichever name is the most appropriate, depending on the ride location, owner, decoration etc. No consistent names.
- Decide upon the most well known/most used name for each ride type and use that. The policy is that users must refer to ride types according to a list which will be created.
In all three cases, redirects are used to direct users to a single article on each ride type. I still plan to make a page with a list of ride types and what they are called in different locations.
- Cha Cha/Sizzler, Scrambler, Twist
- Bumper Cars / Dodgems
- Gallopers / Merry-Go-Round