|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Builder||Custom Coasters International, Inc.|
|Designer / calculations||Dennis McNulty, Larry Bill|
|Type||Wooden - Terrain|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||59 mph|
|Manufacturer||Gerstlauer (2000 - 2001) |
Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters (2002 - present)
|Riders per train||24|
The Legend is a wooden roller coaster located at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana, USA. Situated in the Halloween themed area, the name is a reference to Washington Irving's The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, as riders dash through the woods of Holiday World as if chased by the Headless Horseman. The ride opened on May 6, 2000.
The Legend was announced in June 1999.
On May 6, 2000, The Legend opened to the public.
For the 2002 season, the single Gerstlauer train was replaced with two new trains from Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters. A transfer and storage track was also added. These modifications were carried out by Custom Coasters International.
In 2016, the track on the first drop was replaced and additional supports were added. A new double down element was added and a turn was lowered. This work was carried out by Great Coasters International and Skyline Attractions. A new themed tunnel was also added.
- Holiday World Announces Biggest Project Ever - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- Holiday World Announces Improvements To Roller Coaster - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- Wooden Roller Coaster Experience - The Gravity Group (Wayback archive)
- "Legend Improvements". Skyline Attractions. https://skylineattractions.com/portfolio/legend-holiday-world/. Retrieved November 5, 2021.
- 2016 plans for Holiday World's wooden roller coasters - YouTube
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Holiday WorldArticles on|