|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Terrain|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||50 mph|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard (2021-present) |
|Riders per train||28|
Riddler Mind Bender is a steel roller coaster located at Six Flags Over Georgia in Austell, Georgia, USA. The ride opened on March 31, 1978 and was advertised as the first "triple looping roller coaster". It was built by Schwarzkopf.
Mind Bender was advertised as the first "triple looping roller coaster" however it only features two vertical loops. According to the park, the third is a "horizontal loop". This is actually a helix that dives into a ravine. It opened the same year as Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas, a similar looping roller coaster.
Following the 2019 season, refurbishment of the roller coaster began. Some sections of track were removed and replaced. The name was also changed from Mind Bender to The Riddler Mind Bender. New trains, with chassis and bogies built by Bolliger & Mabillard, were installed. The ride reopened on September 18, 2021.
- Six Flags Over Georgia 1978 brochure a - Flickr
- "The Riddler Mindbender Reopens at Six Flags Over Georgia". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-riddler-mindbender-reopens-at-six.html.
- "Six Flags Over Georgia refurbishes the historic Mind Bender coaster", Amusement Today (November 2021). Retrieved on 8 January 2022.
- Hicks, Nelson (2021-09-16). "Six Flags unveils The Riddler Mindbender roller coaster". 95.8WSB. https://www.wsbradio.com/entertainment/things-2-do/six-flags-unveils-riddler-mindbender-roller-coaster/NT6CMNFLA5BEBKXI5HZXRU3NGM/. Retrieved 2021-09-21.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Six Flags Over GeorgiaArticles on|