|Manufacturer||UK Switchback Railways|
Switchback opened in 1981, before the Pleasure Beach. Owned by a family of gypsies, it was the first attraction of its type on the beach. As time went on, other operators came in with newer rides and competition grew fierce. Circa 1920, the gypsies left the area, abandoning the Switchback, so the Pleasure Beach commissioned John A. Miller to build what would become the Big Dipper on its spot.