|The roller coaster under construction in February 2020|
|Onsite construction||RCS GmbH|
|Product||Multi Inversion Coaster (10 Inversion Rev. B)|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Cable lift hill|
|Top speed||85 km/h|
In February 2019, several rides were moved, creating a large space near the entrance plaza. Rumours suggested that Flamingo Land had purchased an Intamin 10-Inversion coaster and intended to install it beside Velocity, over the entrance plaza and the plot occupied by Corkscrew until it closed in 2011. The coaster, manufactured around 2011, was shipped to Hopi Hari in Brazil and later to Movie Animation Park Studios in Malaysia, but never set up at either location.
In May, a planning application was filed for the construction of a roller coaster with specifications matching that of the Intamin 10 Inversion coaster Rev B model.
The ride was officially confirmed in a Facebook post by the park on 2 August 2019. While no manufacturer was confirmed, banners at the construction site showed an Intamin 10 Inversion coaster, with the park even making references to Colossus at Thorpe Park in their Facebook post.
On 12 August 2019 Flamingo Land confirmed that the project would be costing £20,385,000 in a competition on their Facebook page.
As the ride arrived on-site in October, it became apparent that this was indeed the Intamin 10-Inversion coaster which had been shipped from Malaysia.
On 21 October 2019 the ride went vertical at Flamingo Land. Construction was halted during the coronavirus pandemic. In August 2020, park maps confirmed that the opening had been pushed back to 2021.
The ride will be 875 metres long and reach a height of 33 metres. It will have ten inversions. Renderings suggested the roller coaster would be painted grey with black supports, however it was assembled in its original colour scheme of red track with yellow supports. The ride is being painted after it is assembled.
- "Unknown | Flamingo Land | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster (possible Hopi Hari relocation)". CoasterForce. http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/unknown-flamingo-land-intamin-10-inversion-coaster-possible-hopi-hari-relocation.43277/.
- "Planning – Application Summary". Ryedale District Council. https://planningregister.ryedale.gov.uk/caonline-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PRWA8YNOK8S00.
- "Flamingo Land Resort Facebook post". https://www.facebook.com/flamingolandresort/photos/a.318165834933065/2307502915999337/.
- "Flamingo Land Resort Facebook post". https://www.facebook.com/flamingolandresort/photos/a.318165834933065/2417969134952714/.
- "Flamingo Land confirms 10-Inversion Coaster postponed to 2021". ThemeParks-UK. https://www.themeparks-uk.com/uk-theme-park-news/1063-flamingo-land-confirms-10-inversion-coaster-postponed-to-2021.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Flamingo LandArticles on|
|Present||Dino Roller • Go Gator • Hero • Kumali • Mumbo Jumbo • Runaway Mine Train • Twistosaurus • Velocity • Zooom! • unknown|
|Former||Bullet • Corkscrew • Crazy Loop • Flying Trapeze • Magnum Force • Thunder Mountain • Wild Mouse|