Welcome![edit | edit source]
Hello! Welcome to Coasterpedia! Thanks for your edit to the Flamingo Land page.
Redirects[edit | edit source]
Hi! Sorry if it looked like your page was deleted. I didn't expect you to go to all the work of recreating it! Amazing! Anyway, it was simply redirect so that there was a space between "Corkscrew" and "(Flamingo Land)". I hope this makes sense. Talk to you later! MontagnaMagica|Talk 01:51, March 5, 2012 (UTC)
Nice to have you around![edit | edit source]
I just wanted to thank you again for you editing here. It's nice to finally see a consistent editor that doesn't live in the United States. I hope you'll decide to stay, and bring your knowledge of the UK's coasters. Let any of us know if you need help with templates or formatting. We'll be happy to help you! MontagnaMagica|Talk 17:01, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry for the belated welcome![edit | edit source]
me! Sorry for the belated welcome, though. I can't believe I haven't seen you. Well, enjoy your ride at Coasterpedia!
Hi Lachlan! You can add videos to articles pretty easily if you follow these steps.
1: Find the YouTube video you wish to use.
2: When you're editing the article, click on the "Video" button. It should be one of the buttons on the right.
3: Paste the URL of the video into the box and click "Next".
4: In the top box, enter a good name for the video. This is what will be used in the article. Here's an example format for the name: "Example Coaster (Example Park) - OnRide (Video Quality)"
5: Click the "Add Video" button.
6: Remove everything but "Video:Example Coaster (Example Park) - OnRide (Video Quality)"
7: Make sure that is located in the infobox row that says, "image".
Yeah, I have never uploaded a POV... Ruler of the Coasters 19:30, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
POV[edit | edit source]
Wanna chat?[edit | edit source]
Wanna chat? -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 18:10, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
On chat[edit | edit source]
I'm on chat now, wanna talk? -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 19:57, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
Bored, bored, bored...[edit | edit source]
Wanna chat now? Im bored... -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 23:39, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
Bored[edit | edit source]
Wanna chat? At chat right now. -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 18:09, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Park Categories[edit | edit source]
Hi Lachlan! I've noticed that you added a category named "Six Flags Magic Mountain". No offense, but I think that category is pretty unnecessary. We have the table on Six Flags Magic Mountain's page, as well as a table of all their coasters on each coaster's page. I'm thinking it's probably best to just delete the category altogether. If you disagree, please let me know! I'm always open to new ideas! MontagnaMagica|Talk 20:07, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Ha ha! Wow! I've got the wrong person! It was BigSpinCoaster who created the park categories. My bad! I really should have paid more attention! Anyway, I'm deleting those right now. :P MontagnaMagica|Talk 20:55, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Impressive[edit | edit source]
I'm amazed how many edits you can rack up. You have been extremely helpful! Ruler of the Coasters 10:15, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
.....You have only been on for a week? You remind me of Jabberjay. He got to 1000 edits in, like, 2-3 weeks. He left, though. Ruler of the Coasters 10:41, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
RCDB[edit | edit source]
That's a problem we've had for quite some time. I guess it's time we take care of it. Most of those RCDB pictures were uploaded by Kata89, so if we remove his images, we'll probably be OK. That's a starting point, at least. MontagnaMagica|Talk 16:09, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. This is a major problem for the wiki. Don't blame yourself for it, though. In fact, I'm sorta glad you did ask, because now, we can be free of worrying about copyright violations. It's time to get a fresh start! MontagnaMagica|Talk 16:47, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
I'm bored, wanna chat? -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 21:26, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
Photo Deletion[edit | edit source]
Hey Lachlan! Thanks so much for your persistent help with the removal of all those copyrighted photos. This is going much faster than expected! Once they're all gone, I hope to find a site willing to loan us some images. MontagnaMagica|Talk 23:54, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
- You shouldn't need to delete any pages. If you just keep removing the photos from the pages, that will be fine. MontagnaMagica|Talk 16:44, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Legoland eh?[edit | edit source]
Legoland is targeted at kids, but still, i'm wishing they had thrill rides (looping roller coasters), etc. there.
I myself have never been to a Legoland in my life, but i have seen pictures of Legoland Deutchland, Legoland Florida and Legoland California.
I'm also working on a Legoland Paris in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 12:52, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Chat[edit | edit source]
Wanna chat? -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 15:02, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
JoyRides Photos[edit | edit source]
I just want check and make sure you read this page before you uploaded the photos from JoyRides: http://www.joyrides.com/copyright.htm
We have to be extra careful about copyright laws now. It looks like it's OK to use photos from JoyRides, though, since we aren't reselling the images for profit. MontagnaMagica|Talk 20:55, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
Page Names[edit | edit source]
Hey there! The page names should be written with the full park's name (Six Flags Great Adventure). The reason it's inconsistent is because early on in the life of this wiki, I thought it was better to not have the "Six Flags" in the page's title. I've since, obviously, changed my mind. MontagnaMagica|Talk 03:59, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Chat?[edit | edit source]
Wanna chat? -Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 16:38, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
Roller Coaster Custom Wiki[edit | edit source]
Hi, i've noticed that you have been editing at RCCW? If you would like, you can have admin rights. I am [clearly] inactive. If you want the rights, just leave me a message. Ruler of the Coasters 22:47, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Great! It would of sadden me to see a wiki of such potential to go to waste. Ruler of the Coasters 19:30, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
FTW?[edit | edit source]
What does FTW mean? Ruler of the Coasters 10:48, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
Ohhhhhhh, I got it. Ruler of the Coasters 10:46, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
Featured Article[edit | edit source]
- Oh! LOL! Yeah, that's a lot better! I think we'll probably go with Corkscrew (Cedar Point), then. Regardless, updating Corkscrew (Silverwood)'s article would be nice... MontagnaMagica|Talk 18:14, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
Year Categories[edit | edit source]
That's a tricky question. I'm glad you brought it up! The most consistent way to handle it is to add the year it was originally constructed; its first home. That's when the track was created and it was put together. The other opening were just shipping the parts.
So, to make things (hopefully. LOL!) clear: The article should be named after the most recent location and the year category should state the year of its original opening day. I'm undecided about how to work it in the infobox... Want to discuss it on a blog or in forums? MontagnaMagica|Talk 04:18, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
RCCW[edit | edit source]
No, your the new headman. Ruler of the Coasters 10:43, April 2, 2012 (UTC)
Notice[edit | edit source]
Lachlan, you are a good friend and an awesome editor, but please do not remake previously deleted articles (such as Test which was previously deleted).
I think you should create a user subpage for this (e.g. ).
I will not ban you for this: Although I never will ban you for anything, but I'm just handing over a tip.
-Alex- Roller Coasters FTW! 01:02, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
Wikipedia[edit | edit source]
I just took the images from wikipedia. There is no reason for the size. Ruler of the Coasters 11:20, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
Facebook[edit | edit source]
Coaster Custom Wiki[edit | edit source]
I have not made Coaster Custom Wiki, yet. But I want to. I want to start over with RCCW, and make another Custom Wiki. Back when I made RCCW, I didn't get Wikia code and all what not. I personnally think I ruined the wiki. I would like to start over. Of course, you'll be made admin/beau. Please tell me what you think. Ruler of the Coasters 10:54, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, its just like RCCW. I'll create it.() And okay. But you need to be MORE active on WRW (Water Ride Wiki) than on here. Ruler of the Coasters 11:13, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think so. I think we need to copy the articles from RCCW over to CCW. Then, we need to get CCW a backround, and so on. Ruler of the Coasters 10:20, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
Interview[edit | edit source]
Userpage[edit | edit source]
I added a new reward to your page! Congratulations! Also, I would like to say, really funny userpage, Lach! I love your Pinfari userbox. Ruler of the Coasters 14:10, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
Great Work![edit | edit source]
Great Work![edit | edit source]
Thanks[edit | edit source]
Your an admin at RCT Wiki? Congratulations. You should be spending a lot of your time on Wikia there. Ruler of the Coasters 11:27, May 17, 2012 (UTC)
Chain Lift or Lift Hill or Chain Lift Lift Hill?[edit | edit source]
The reason I made that change was because infoboxes normally only have one item per row. Chain lifts are obviouly a type of lift hill, and it says so on chain lift's page. MontagnaMagica|Talk 18:56, May 24, 2012 (UTC)
Test Track.[edit | edit source]
Test Track is a roller coaster located in Walt Disney World's Epcot. Thanks for looking at my profile.
Page Designs[edit | edit source]
Hey, I've been editing on this wiki for a few days and i've been think some pages need a little more color! so i've decided to ask you if i can make heaing for each paragraph, nd tabs that make te background colorful, please leave a message on my talk page if you think this is okay with admins and founders, thank you Oona11 14:00, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
Just so you know...[edit | edit source]
ASCII Art[edit | edit source]
- I rode Sidewinder at Elitch Gardens. Epic airtime on those drops. Epic! MontagnaMagica|Talk 02:19, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
- That's not the correct use of the word, 'Epic' Ruler of the Coasters 10:45, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Chat[edit | edit source]
I'm so bored. Wanna chat?
Thanks for your help but cna you tell me how to delete the this ride does not have a pov video? Thanks Firestar25
Wikia[edit | edit source]
Template:Trains[edit | edit source]
I've been re-working the template a little. You can see my version @ User:Pulse_daemon/Sandbox. I only worked on the first. You'll see it's different from the version currently used. Tell me if it works how you want.--Pulse daemon (Talk) 18:15, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I believe it's fixed. The template now features the updated version. For the second parameter, it only accepts "train", "car", and "cars". Anything else defaults to train. Consider updating the documentation. Links to Train and Car are automatically made. Pluralisation is done automatically. If there are still any problems, contact me.--Pulse daemon (Talk) 21:14, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
I believe the S is now lowercased. I also hyphenated the "single-". If there are any small changes like that left, it should be very easy for you to change it.
Have you been to Safari Land! Firestar25
Signature[edit | edit source]
Deleting RCDB Photos[edit | edit source]
Flamingo Land Wiki[edit | edit source]
I don't know if the wiki's related enough to be put on the main page along with Flat Ride Wiki and Water Ride Wiki. Seems a bit out of place. I say you should post a blog about it, and then I'll post the blog on the wiki's Facebook page. Stuff like that to get your wiki noticed. MontagnaMagica|Talk 18:09, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Lachlan! It's Firestar! I have an idea. Firestar25
I say that we create a page that lists a of the roller coasters in the world tallest to shortest. What do you think?
Video Naming[edit | edit source]
There are no strict rules on naming videos. I like having the 240, 360, 480, 720, 1080p tags there, for reference, but we can go without too! It does save some work in the future if we need to update a video. Now I need to get to bed; it's late! Sheesh! ;) MontagnaMagica|Talk 09:08, August 6, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Lachkan. I have a question for you. When you are making a page that lists roller coasters how do the make the the names blue so that you can click on it to go to the coaster's page? Please reply soon. Thanks, Firestar25 (talk) 19:38, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, I also have another question, when you put a message like i'm doing right now how do you make your own row for example a title saying whats up. Please help me on that. Thanks, Firestar25 (talk) 20:51, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks!!!![edit | edit source]
Question[edit | edit source]
Sure[edit | edit source]
Admin[edit | edit source]
Hey, Lach, I don't know how I have NOT noticed, but I just saw that you got promoted to admin and I saw how many edits you have! 3,000+ edits is GREAT! Thanks for all your work around the wiki, you reall deserve the promotion. Ruler of the Coasters (talk) 15:50, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
RCDB[edit | edit source]
Water[edit | edit source]
Should we add Water slides/coasters to this wiki?
It would be quite interesting, since Kalahari has a water coaster I've been on, it's called the "Zip Coaster".
OK[edit | edit source]
Kay, so there is like a network for rides.
The current ones are Coasterpedia, Water Ride Wiki, and the Flat Ride Wiki.
Thanks for the reply, wanna help me out to edit it? Thanks! [User:MrBezo|MrBezo]] (talk) 21:38, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
Reply[edit | edit source]
Yeah, it's the water-ride wiki.
New Water Ride Wiki[edit | edit source]
Help[edit | edit source]
Can you help me a sig like that?
BTW, that coaster on your avatar is the Big Apple, right?
Thank you[edit | edit source]
Thank you so much, Lachlan, for all your hard work. You have twice as many edits as I do, and I have been on the wiki twice as long as you have. Keep up all the GREAT work. Sincerely, Ruler of the Coasters (talk) 12:45, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I made a blog for this background. Also, I made a small edit. I removed the transparency affect. I like the background, but I think we should find a similar image but one that's not computer generated. Ruler of the Coasters (talk) 18:53, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been busy with volunteering at my church and stuff. But, I personally think we should turn off the transparecy, but, I'm fine without it. Ruler of the Coasters (talk) 17:45, September 23, 2012 (UTC)
Bot[edit | edit source]
- Apologies for sounding nitpicky, but I need everything in great detail. Bots can be quite dangerous if even one detail is wrongly input. Thanks! ~ Toci ~ Go ahead, make my day. 21:32, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
- That's where my bot is rather limited. It can find and replace, but it can't just find things. I can add categories no sweat, but I need a specific list of articles to dump into the bot's script. :/ ~ Toci ~ Go ahead, make my day. 02:18, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
Been Forever[edit | edit source]
Hey dude I'm back! Sorry I've been absent for a while! I've been from wiki to wiki! But now I'm back to edit here and at Halloween Wiki! See you around this wiki! Firestar25 (talk) 14:28, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
Category:Steel Roller Coasters[edit | edit source]
That makes sense. Go ahead and continue doing it that way. I don't really see the point of trying to find a steel coaster through the category page anyway, because of the sheer size of the list. LOL! The Steel roller coaster page itself shouldn't be put in that category because it's not a steel roller coaster. That would be like calling the word "bird" a bird. O_o
Also, I granted your rights on Flat Ride Wiki. Thanks for all your immense help! There's going to be an announcement sometime in the future about the future of our three theme park wikis. It has to do with a partnership, so stay in tune! MontagnaMagica|Talk 05:06, October 6, 2012 (UTC)
Signature and Spotlight[edit | edit source]
Don't worry about, Lachlan! I completely forgot about removing the image! Anyway, thanks for the head's up. And about the spotlight...I have to say we need to wait.
This wiki has been spotlighted 3-4 times already. And, we have just were on spot light a few months ago. (And it's kinda unfair for the other wiki's) That's why mont and I agreed a while back to spot light once a year. Preferbly when the amusement parks are starting to open up for the season. But good question!
Ride Ratings[edit | edit source]
Ads[edit | edit source]
- On a related note, the Wikia Bar also contains ads, please refrain from that. Thank you.
- BertH <staff /> (help forum | blog) 19:09, February 5, 2013 (UTC)
K/word[edit | edit source]
Sorry for not replying for so long. I have been really busy with life and just have not found the time to come on anymore. But, I think I'll be more active again! Anyway, I created that template anytime I would send a reply on someone's talk page or such, but, their is a glitch in the code. Anytime some one replies, the picture next to my box lowers. I've tried fixing it, but it wont work. So feel free to delete it if you want. Ruler of the Coasters (talk) 13:13, December 3, 2012 (UTC)
Volare Flying Coasters[edit | edit source]
Unfortunately, I haven't ridden it. The last few times I've visited the park, it was closed. I've been there while it was still open, but I was too short to ride, and I was too scared, at the time.
I think it looks pretty fun! Most people cite the odd cars being uncomfortable as the reason they dislike it. The ride itself looks pretty decent. I would probably love it, to be honest! MontagnaMagica|Talk 18:42, December 5, 2012 (UTC)
Infobox[edit | edit source]
Standard Article[edit | edit source]
I think the photo gallery looks just fine in Monobook. Any other concern for Monobook compatibility? Keep in mind that it is only used by a small fraction of users. MontagnaMagica|Talk 18:38, December 10, 2012 (UTC)
City Categories[edit | edit source]
Why do we now have categories for cities and counties? Unless there are several parks in one city, they are pointless. If it's an automatic thing, then we can talk. MontagnaMagica|Talk 06:26, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
Reply[edit | edit source]
Thanks![edit | edit source]
Thanks for editing on my wiki! But before I go to this place you have suggested and start my wiki there, I just wanted to know if you are going to edit at my wiki and help me buid it? I would appreciate it! Oh and happy new year! Please reply Firestar25 (talk) 15:36, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes - I'm going to add some more basic pages and stuff first, then we can gradually add more content on to them. I like this sort of thing alot! Also, your opinion on Wikia is probably different to mine. On Wikkii, your wiki will look like Wikipedia (it will have no fixed width and sidebar will be on the left). Also, features such as message walls and article comments doen't exist on Wikkii, so if you want to keep those, you will need to stay on Wikia. Also, Happy New Year to you too! (Did you see the wiki-wide message?). Lachlan5963 (Talk) 15:57, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Defunct Coaster Categories[edit | edit source]
Funny... The tables have turned and now I'm the one asking you questions! LOL! Anyway, my question is; should defunct roller coasters also get the "Steel roller coasters" category? That is all. MontagnaMagica|Talk 07:56, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes - they will always be steel, defunct or not. If the Infobox is done correctly, it should add the steel category for you, however you still new to add the defunct one yourself (I might make that one automate at some point also). I should really write a help page on the Infobox :) Lachlan5963 (Talk) 09:03, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
Full Throttle logo[edit | edit source]
Yes, I like that much better. But still slightly awkward...Although if you like it, it really isn't a problem.
Oh, and I just saw what your doing in 2013 with talk pages. I suggest that you don't do that for the simple reason of convenience. When you reply to this on your page, I never receive a notification about it. So when that happens, I usually forget to reply. But if you don't want to do that, that's fine. Ruler of the Coasters (talk) 16:34, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- It's a major flaw of the MediaWiki system - What I am going to make a template that tells you that I've replied. About the logo, it's the problem of the difference between Oasis and Monobook. Aligning it to the left looks fine in Monobook, but looks crap in Oasis. Whereas cantering it looks good in Oasis, but waists loads of space in Monobook. I might be able to make it centred in Oasis and left-aligned in Monobook... Lachlan5963 (Talk) 16:49, January 16, 2013 (UTC)
- You know, the "flaw" is corrected by Wikia's "Message Wall". However, I know you seem to think Wikia is evil, so nevermind that. ;)
- In actuality, I like the message wall, but I'm not sure if we're all ready for such a big change, so we'll just switch if we absolutely have to switch. MontagnaMagica|Talk 05:46, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- That's the only good thing about message walls! I think you are the only admin here who likes them however. Out of curiosity, if it was just you here, would you have Article Comments and the new Forums enabled too? Lachlan5963 (Talk) 16:46, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- No! Article comments are pretty unprofessional, IMO. The forums are all right, but pretty much unnecessary, so that would also be a no. MontagnaMagica|Talk 19:36, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
My user page[edit | edit source]
My user page exists because I have performed some on this wiki. Please don't remove my user page as it helps to clear up confusion of who I am and why I am deleting pages on this wiki. Rappy <staff/> 20:08, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- My misunderstanding - I was doing a bit of a cleanup today, and deleted user pages when they didn't have any contributions. I'd completely forgotten deletions don't show up on Special:Contributions.Lachlan5963 (Talk) 20:20, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
Userpages[edit | edit source]
- Thanks, Shockstorm! We hope to see you editing around here soon! If you decide not to stay, we'll likely just delete your userpages to save space here and avoid confusion. MontagnaMagica|Talk 05:23, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
Its and It's[edit | edit source]
Sorry, Lachlan! You can at least take comfort in the fact that you're not alone. Everyone is mixing the two words up nowadays! In fact, I even learned it backwards a couple years ago. LOL! Instead of explaining it to you, I'll just direct you to this helpful website. It's a good website that describes its goal very well! ;)
Warning[edit | edit source]
Spotlights[edit | edit source]
Hey, Lachlan! Do you have any idea why the spotlights aren't showing on our wiki. Is it just me? I do see them on other wikis... I'm asking you because I know you messed around with the CSS before, so perhaps you have an idea. Any thoughts? Thanks! MontagnaMagica|Talk 07:16, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
- I was mucking about with CSS and hid them, as I felt rather pissed-off that we must have adverts to other wikis. However, Rappy's gone an reverted most of the CSS and JS I put on here anyway, so you should be able to see them again.
- Which brings me on to my next point. I really think we should leave Wikia. Now. A lot of my CSS and JS was to stop people uploading images without going through the image uploaded. I'm sick-fed-up of people uploading crappy pictures that I end up deleting. Wikia are trying to make admin-ing a wiki harder. An they're making reading articles harder. And if I log-out and turn off Adblock, merely viewing the wiki is hard and takes forever. If we do opt to switch, I'll do everything. I just want Coasterpedia to be able to do what it wants and not what Wikia wants. Pleeeeeeease! Lachlan5963 (Talk) 16:05, March 27, 2013 (UTC)
Full Throttle[edit | edit source]
Yeah, I'm really excited to ride it later this year. I may only visit one partial day in favor of Discovery Kingdom, but I'll be sure to ride this and Tatsu! Thanks for the link! :D MontagnaMagica|Talk 18:59, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Anon can't receive messages[edit | edit source]
Blocked[edit | edit source]
Your right, there really is no point. Hopefully soon they will 'un' block you. But I take it you cant transfer all the files from this wiki over to the new one? Ruler of the Coasters (talk) 15:24, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
Photograph[edit | edit source]
(It's me, Kata89) This is a really cool place, Lachelan. I love the dragster at the bottom of pages. Nice touch. ;) I would love to join, but between Coasterpedia, Guitar wiki, and my actual life, I don't have time to edit both wiki's. But this is a really nice place you got here.
I'll continue to send you messages through this talk page when it seems fit. Congrats on a great wiki, can wait for it to be in shape for us to partner with you! 18.104.22.168 12:32, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
That will be cool adding all those different rides at the bottom. And okay, thanks. (About letting us use your photos) I'm going to be taking another trip to Cedar Point this year, and I will get more photos then. Again, you are welcome to those, too. But gee wiz, how in the name of Sam Hill did you get that many articles written already? 22.214.171.124 12:53, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
Oh wait a second, I thought it said you had 1,380 articles. I knew you imported all the articles and history to this wiki, but and after looking around the wiki, I kinda figured the images arent' there. But wait, I don't quite get your sentence "I can querty type" Like, I mean, I can type fast without looking at the keyboard? Is that all you mean, or was there another reason that I am not getting?
Oh, and I'll help you with the photos. Anytime I upload a file to Coasterpedia, I'll upload it here. That should help get you a lot of photos. 126.96.36.199 13:08, 12 July 2013 (UTC)