|Key people||Frederick Ingersoll|
Founded in 1890 by Frederick Ingersoll, Ingersoll Construction Company was one of the major roller coaster manufacturers of the United States. The company created the Figure 8 roller coaster design and product featured at many parks around the world as well as multiple other types of rides and attractions. They went on to create 277 roller coaster around the world. Famed roller coaster designer, John A. Miller was an early associate of Frederick Ingersoll. in 1911, the company went bankrupt, however continued on as Luna Park Amusement Company, the world's first chain of amusement parks.  It should also be noted that due to the nature of the creation of multiple parks, there are a variety of incorporations that were created throughout the company's time of varying names for financial and international business reasons. 
Luna Park Amusement Company
Frederick Ingersoll created the first chain of amusement parks that included 44 individual parks around the world. Each park was built after the model of Luna Park at Coney Island in New York City, New York, USA. Although the name was the same, Luna Park at Coney Island was not built or owned by Frederick Ingersoll, but rather by Thompson and Dorney. The company closed following Ingersoll's unfortunate death in 1927.
- "Luna Park's luminary: Entrepreneur/roller coaster designer deserves his due". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. https://www.post-gazette.com/life/lifestyle/2008/09/01/Luna-Park-s-luminary-Entrepreneur-roller-coaster-designer-deserves-his-due/stories/200809010125.
- "Round about Pittsburgh: Local Man Revolutionizes Amusement Park Industry". https://www.rmusentrymedia.com/top-stories/round-about-pittsburgh-local-man-revolutionizes-amusement-park-industry/.
- "Roller Coaster Safety Technology". MIT. https://lemelson.mit.edu/resources/john-miller.
- "Letter from Frederick Ingersoll Highlighting Safety for Stock offers". Evening Star (Washington, D.C., USA). https://www.newspapers.com/clip/66343472/letter-from-ingersoll-company-president/.
- "Ingersoll Company Stock Offers for Luna Park in Washington D.C.". Evening Star (Washington, D.C., USA). https://www.newspapers.com/clip/66343247/frederick-ingersoll-luna-park-and/.