|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||John Henry Iles|
|Riders per train||30|
|Propulsion||2 Cable lift hills|
|Top speed||56.3 km/h|
While this was the first roller coaster constructed at Dreamland, it is not the first to operate in Margate. The Switchback Railway operated from 1888 to 1897.
The Scenic Railway has been painted white, blue and brown in the past. When it was rebuilt in 2015, it was left unpainted.
3 cars per train. In each car, riders are arranged 2 across in 5 rows, for a total of 30 riders per train. The train is still operated by a brakeman, however when the trains were rebuilt a magnetic braking system was added which regulates their speed.
- "Rollercoaster fire was deliberate". BBC News. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/7335985.stm.
- "Dreamland's scenic railway rollercoaster will not be finished in time for grand opening of theme park". Kent Online. 2015-06-05. https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/scenic-rollercoaster-faces-delays-38095/. Retrieved 2022-03-05.
- "Britain's oldest rollercoaster reopens at Dreamland Margate". https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015/oct/16/britains-oldest-rollercoaster-reopens-at-dreamland-margate.
- Rose, James (2015-10-15). "Scenic Railway at Margate's Dreamland opens tomorrow". Kent Online. https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/dreamlands-scenic-railway-opens-44530/. Retrieved 2022-03-05.
- "A Tribute to Tradition". Stage One. https://www.stageone.co.uk/projects/dreamland-rollercoaster/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.