|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Riders per train||8|
|Propulsion||Vertical chain lift hill|
|Top speed||52.8 mph|
In early November 2017, planning documents revealed details of a new roller coaster at Darien Lake which would replace the park's log flume, Thunder Rapids. Later that month, the park officially announced Tantrum. Tantrum opened to guests on May 25, 2018 with a grand opening held on June 1.
Tantrum is a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter 380 model roller coaster and clone of Iron Shark at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier. It has green track and orange supports. The official color codes are RAL-2011 Deep Orange, and RAL-6018 Yellow Green.
- "Riders line up to try out the Tantrum - Spectrum News". https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/rochester/news/2018/06/01/tantrum-new-coaster-darien-lake.
- Darien Lake Planning for a New Roller Coaster in 2018 - NewsPlusNotes
- New Coaster - Tantrum - Opening at Darien Lake in 2018 - NewsPlusNotes
- Darien Lake Opens Tantrum - Amusement Insider
- Darien Lake's New Tantrum Roller Coaster Opens to Visitors - NewsPlusNotes
- "Gerstlauer Rides - Tantrum". Gerstlauer Rides. https://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/referenzen/referenzliste-laender/nordamerika/tantrum/.
- "Tantrum Structure Color Report". https://s3.amazonaws.com/bncore/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Tantrum-1233x800.jpg.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.