|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Concept art of Emperor|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Product||Custom Dive Coaster|
|Type||Steel - Floorless - Diving|
|Riders per train||18|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||60 mph|
In December 2019, the tallest point was topped off. Construction made swift progress on the coaster, with the last piece of track set in place on February 5, 2020. The ride took its first test run on March 9, the same day that its corporate sister coaster Iron Gwazi had its first test run.
Work resumed in December with the installment of the ride sign.
In August 2021, SeaWorld announced that Emperor would open in March 2022.
In January 2022, it was announced that Emperor would open on March 12, 2022.
On January 8, 2019, some additional statistics were revealed about the ride. It was confirmed that the ride would have 3 inversions, go faster than 60 mph and be almost 2,500 feet long. It features the signature stall before the first drop that all B&M dive machines feature.
- "SeaWorld San Diego Announces New Coaster And Plans For 2020 And Beyond". Behind The Thrills. https://behindthethrills.com/2019/01/seaworld-san-diego-announces-new-coaster-and-plans-for-2020-and-beyond/.
- "SeaWorld San Diego reveals new penguin-themed dive coaster for 2020". https://www.ocregister.com/2019/11/19/seaworld-san-diego-reveals-new-penguin-themed-dive-coaster-for-2020/.
- "SeaWorld San Diego Tops Off New B&M Dive Coaster - Emperor". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2019/12/seaworld-san-diego-tops-off-new-b-dive.html.
- "SeaWorld San Diego's Emperor Dive Coaster Track is Complete". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/02/seaworld-san-diegos-emperor-dive.html.
- Stilwell, Andrew (March 10, 2020). "Iron Gwazi, Emperor Begin Testing". Coaster101. https://www.coaster101.com/2020/03/10/iron-gwazi-emperor-begin-testing/. Retrieved February 17, 2022.
- "Seaworld’s Emperor dive coaster is a no go this year as theme park company cuts costs amid COVID-19". The San Diego Union-Tribune. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/tourism/story/2020-07-30/seaworlds-emperor-dive-coaster-is-a-no-go-this-year-as-theme-park-company-cuts-costs-amid-covid-19.
- "SeaWorld Entertainment Announces 2022 Opening Dates for New Coasters". NewsPlusNotes. 2021-08-26. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2021/08/seaworld-entertainment-announces-2022.html. Retrieved 2021-08-27.
- "'The Emperor': SeaWorld San Diego's dive coaster to debut on March 12". https://www.10news.com/lifestyle/exploring-san-diego/the-emperor-seaworld-san-diegos-dive-coaster-to-debut-on-march-12.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|SeaWorld San DiegoArticles on|