|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Product||Launched El Loco|
|Type||Steel - Launched|
|Riders per train||12|
|Propulsion||LSM launch (multi-pass)|
|Area||220 feet × 40 feet|
|Top speed||64 mph|
GaleForce is a steel launched roller coaster located at Playland's Castaway Cove in Ocean City, New Jersey, USA. In order to install the ride, the park removed Python and Flitzer roller coasters in 2015. GaleForce is surrounded by the Wild Waves roller coaster. The ride's track and supports were designed by Ride Centerline.
GaleForce is surrounded by another roller coaster, Wild Waves, which also opened in 2017.
In August 2015, Playland's Castaway Cove revealed GaleForce, which it was planned to open in 2016 alongside another roller coaster which wold intertwine with GaleForce. Both Flitzer and Python, then the two largest roller coasters at the park, closed that year and were subsequently removed to allow for the construction of GaleForce. Due to several delays, the roller coaster did not open during the 2016 season. This was partially due to a faulty track piece, which had to be replaced.
GaleForce finally opened to the public on May 26, 2017.
After complaints of roughness during the ride's first season, Playland's Castaway Cove made the decision to completely redo it from scratch. This was due to the rails not aligning properly. By 2018, GaleForce was much better than the original.
On April 19, 2019, during a test run, 2 water-filled test dummies flew out of the coaster train, crashing into the building next to it. Shortly after this, the ride cycle was extended, therefore, the train goes through the track twice before ending.
GaleForce has a single train consisting of two cars. The front car has two rows of four riders while the back car has a single row of four riders, for a total of twelve riders. The car was revealed at IAAPA 2015. The restraint system features vest harnesses and a backup seatbelt to hold them in place.
- "Rides List". http://ridecenterline.com/projects/rides-list/. Retrieved 2022-04-02.
- New S&S Coaster Creation Arriving in New Jersey in 2016 - NewsPlusNotes
- Playland Aiming for May Opening of New Gale Force Roller Coaster - NewsPlusNotes
- Ocean City Roller Coaster Getting New Track for Smoother Rides - OCNJ Daily
- "Test Dummies Fall Off Jersey Shore Roller Coaster During Safety Run, Plummet Into Hotel Next Door". https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/04/30/test-dummies-fall-off-galeforce-coaster-playland-castaway-cove-jersey-shore/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.