|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Product||Custom - Schwarzkopf|
|Designer / calculations||Schwarzkopf |
Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH
|Type||Steel - Terrain|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||80 km/h|
|Manufacturer||Zierer (replaced in 2018)|
|Riders per train||22|
Lisebergbanan (English: Liseberg rail line) is a steel roller coaster located at Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden. It opened on 18 April 1987, and was a collaboration between Zierer and Schwarzkopf.
When Anton Schwarzkopf's company went bankrupt in the 1980s, he worked with Zierer to produce several roller coasters. Lisebergbanan was the first of these rides, and has been said to be Schwarzkopf's favourite roller coaster.
The ride is built across the terrain, and has a long, winding layout. It also makes very little noise, as it has a special developed damper-system for the trains and the sand-filled track give a smooth and silent ride. Lisebergbanan also interacts with Helix and FlumeRide, as well as encircling the flat ride Uppswinget and the Victorian Garden playground.
White track and green supports.
5 trains with 11 cars per train. In each car, riders are arranged 2 across in a single row, for a total of 22 riders per train. The trains are designed to resemble an engine.
In 2006, two of the trains collided, injuring 21 people. The crash was caused by the chain on the lift-hill malfunctioning, causing the train to roll back into the station, hitting another train that was unloading riders. Since only part of the train was on the lift hill, the anti-rollback could not stand the pressure, and broke. The roller coaster later reopened, after a technical adjustment.
A train on the brake run
- ↑ Lisebergbanan - Schwarzkopf Coaster Net
- ↑ "Nieuwe treinen voor klassieke achtbaan in Liseberg". https://themeparkfreaks.eu/2018/11/nieuwe-treinen-voor-klassieke-achtbaan-in-liseberg/.
- ↑ "BMR". Zierer. p. 9. Archived from the original on 2003-05-14. https://web.archive.org/web/20030514210634/http://www.zierer-rides.de/PDF/Roller%20Coaster.pdf. Retrieved 2022-08-31.
- ↑ 21 injured in Liseberg rollercoaster crash - The Local
- Lisebergbanan on the Roller Coaster DataBase.