|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Builder||Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc.|
|Designer / calculations||Herbert Paul Schmeck|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||45 mph|
A formal opening was held on May 4, 1924 though the roller coaster had operated on five previous Sundays. For the 1930 season, the layout was changed after the first drop. The Coaster was renamed Thunderhawk for 1989 following a renovation by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company, who also built the trains for Dorney Park's new wooden roller coaster Hercules.
Thunderhawk's lift hill in comparison to Steel Force's lift
- "Dorney Park", The Philadelphia Enquirer.
- "Dorney Park's New Coaster In Use Today", The Morning Call.
- "Beautiful Dorney Park formally opens its season today, May 17". The Morning Call. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/48702085/dorney-park-opens-its-season-today-1930/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Dorney ParkArticles on|