|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Full layout of Possessed|
|Product||Impulse Coaster Twist & Spike (56m)|
|Type||Steel - Inverted - Launched - Shuttle|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||LIM launch (multi-pass)|
|Top speed||70 mph|
Possessed is a steel inverted launched shuttle roller coaster located at Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA. The ride is located towards the front of the park to the left of the main entrance. It formerly operated at Geauga Lake from 2000 to 2006.
In December 1999, Premier Parks announced a $40 million expansion to Geauga Lake, which would be renamed Six Flags Ohio for the 2000 season. This included four new roller coasters, one of which being Superman Ultimate Escape, an Impulse Coaster from Intamin. This was the second Impulse Coaster to open and the first one with a twisted vertical spike. Superman Ultimate Escape opened on May 5, 2000.
After the park was sold to Cedar Fair in 2004, the Superman branding was removed and the attraction renamed Steel Venom. In January 2007, a park map was released with Steel Venom missing, leading to speculation that the roller coaster would be removed. By May, most of the track had been dismantled. On September 21 of the same year, Cedar Fair announced the permanent closure of Geauga Lake.
The attraction opened at Dorney Park under the name Voodoo on May 17, 2008. For the following season, the name was changed to Possessed. This was due to Six Flags patenting the name "Voodoo" in 2008.
Possessed did not operate in 2020.
The station of Possessed
- "Geauga Lake to Expand and Become Six Flags Ohio". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/december99/stories/120999_02.shtml.
- "Steel Venom MISSING from GL 2007 Map!". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2007/01/steel-venom-missing-from-gl-2007-map.html.
- "Steel Venom Almost Totally Down". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2007/05/steel-venom-almost-totally-down.html.
- "Geauga Lake silences rides; water park remains". https://www.mytownneo.com/article/20070930/NEWS/309309531.
- Voodoo Opened Today - NewsPlusNotes
- "Why did Dorney Park change name of Voodoo?". The Morning Call. https://web.archive.org/web/20090322192644/http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/all-ent-dorney-coaster-031909-cn,0,3072339.story.
- "Dorney Park Opens for 2021 Season - A Look at the Park's New Season of Fun". NewsPlusNotes. 2021-05-22. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2021/05/dorney-park-opens-for-2021-season-look.html. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Dorney ParkArticles on|
|Geauga Lake & Wildwater KingdomArticles on|