|Headquarters||Grand Prairie, Texas, USA|
Six Flags Entertainment Corp. is a company which owns and manages amusement parks. The company was founded in 1960, and currently maintains 15 theme parks located throughout North America, and 1 in Canada. They also maintain five water parks and 2 wild life parks.
The company was founded in Texas by Angus G. Wynne and took its name from its first property, Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas, USA. The company maintains a corporate office in Midtown Manhattan, New York City and its headquarters are in Grand Prairie, Texas, USA.
On June 13, 2009, the corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and successfully exited the restructuring 11 months later on May 3, 2010.
The name refers to the six flags that have flown over the state of Texas during its history: Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the Confederate States of America, and the United States of America.
- Frontier City - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA (owned by EPR Properties)
- La Ronde - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Six Flags America - Largo, Maryland, USA
- Six Flags Darien Lake - Buffalo, New York, USA (owned by EPR Properties)
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Vallejo, California, USA
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas - San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Six Flags Great Adventure - Jackson, New Jersey, USA
- Six Flags Great America - Gurnee, Illinois, USA
- Six Flags Magic Mountain - Valencia, California, USA
- Six Flags Mexico - Mexico City, Mexico
- Six Flags New England - Agawam, Massachusetts, USA
- Six Flags Over Georgia - Austell, Georgia, USA
- Six Flags Over Texas - Arlington, Texas, USA
- Six Flags St. Louis - Eureka, Missouri, USA
- Great Escape - Queensbury, New York, USA
- Bellewaerde - Ieper, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
- Six Flags Elitch Gardens - Denver, Colorado, USA
- Six Flags Worlds of Adventure - Aurora, Ohio, USA
- Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- Movie Park Germany - Bottrop, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Parque Warner Madrid - San Martín de la Vega, Madrid, Spain
- Six Flags AstroWorld - Houston, Texas, USA
- Six Flags New Orleans - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Six Flags Belgium - Wavre, Walloon Brabant, Belgium
- Six Flags Holland - Biddinghuizen, Flevoland, Netherlands
- Wild Waves Theme Park - Federal Way, Washington, USA
- Six Flags Chongqing - Chongqing, China
- Six Flags Qiddiya - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Six Flags Zhejiang - Zhejiang, China
- "3 Theme Parks Sold To Premier", The Daily Oklahoman.