|Location||Upper Marlboro, Maryland, USA|
|Area||523 acres (212 hectares)|
Six Flags America is a theme park located in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, USA. The park originally opened on the site of a wildlife preserve, called Adventure World. The "America" in the park's name comes from the park's nearness to the United States capital.
The park was originally known as Wild World upon opening. It was renamed Adventure World in 1993.
In March 2020, Six Flags America delayed the opening season due to the coronavirus pandemic. The park eventually opened on July 3, 2020. In May 2021, Six Flags announced that vaccinated guests were no longer required to wear face coverings. However, in August, this would be recalled and face masks were reinforced, at least for indoor areas, when the Delta variant begun to spread.
In 2022, Six Flags America was certified as a Certified Autism Center.
|Batwing||Vekoma||Flying Dutchman||June 16, 2001||Operating|
|Firebird||Bolliger & Mabillard||Floorless||June 7, 2012||Operating|
|Great Chase||Zamperla||Kiddie||May 8, 1999||Operating|
|Joker's Jinx||Premier Rides||Launched||May 8, 1999||Operating|
|Mind Eraser||Vekoma||Inverted||May 20, 1995||Operating|
|Ragin' Cajun||Zamperla||Spinning||June 21, 2014||Operating|
|Roar||Great Coasters International||Wooden||May 2, 1998||Operating|
|Superman: Ride of Steel||Intamin||Hyper||May 13, 2000||Operating|
|Wild One||Dinn Corporation||Wooden||1986||Operating|
|The Great Alonzo's Cannonball Coaster||Molina & Son's||Kiddie||1993 or earlier||1998||Scrapped|
|Two-Face: The Flip Side||Vekoma||Shuttle||1999||2008||Relocated to Movieland Park|
|Dare Devil Dive||Sky Fun 1 Inc.||Skycoaster||2001||2018||Scrapped|
|Krypton Comet||Chance Rides||Chaos||2000||2005||Scrapped|
|Octopus||Emiliana Lunapark||Polyp||1999||2009||Travelling Netherlands|
|Lion's Den||Unknown||Dodgem||1996 or earlier||1996 or later||Unknown|
|Skull Mountain||Intamin||Scenic Boat Ride||1995||2011||Scrapped|
- "Premier To Spend $27 Million On Improvements At Adventure World". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/1998/news_oct98.shtml.
- "Six Flags America Delays Opening Day For One Week". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/may99/stories/050399_02.shtml.
- "Reopening Maryland: Six Flags America Will Open July 3". https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/06/26/reopening-maryland-six-flags-america-will-open-july-3/.
- "Six Flags no longer requires guests to wear masks if they've been vaccinated". https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/six-flags-st-louis-crowds-full-capacity-no-longer-requires-guests-to-wear-masks-if-theyve-been-vaccinated/63-469ab3e1-113a-4285-80d7-787a0b3349a4.
- "Six Flags in Maryland requiring masks indoors starting Sunday". https://wtop.com/prince-georges-county/2021/08/six-flags-in-maryland-requiring-masks-indoors-starting-sunday/.
- "Six Flags America Becomes DMV's First Certified Autism Center Park". https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/six-flags-america-becomes-dmvs-first-certified-autism-center-park/3110926/.
|Six FlagsAmusement parks operated by|