|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Launched|
|Riders per train||24|
|Top speed||60 mph|
Joker's Jinx is a steel launched roller coaster located at Six Flags America in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, USA. Opened in 1999, the ride uses linear induction motor (LIM) technology to launch riders from 0 mph to 60 mph in 3 seconds, without touching the bottom of the train.
Premier Rides track pieces were spotted on the property in the fall of 1998. On October 28, 1998, it was announced that Adventure World would be renamed Six Flags America and feature several new attractions, including Joker's Jinx and Two-Face: The Flip Side.
Construction was completed in March 1999. Testing then began on April 4, 1999.
On May 8, 1999, both Joker's Jinx and Two-Face: The Flip Side opened.
When the ride first opened, it had over-the-shoulder restraints, which caused a rough ride. As a result, riders who returned back into the station had either bleeding earlobes or were dizzy from the side-to-side pounding of their heads against the restraints. In order to allow a smoother ride, the over-the-shoulder restraints were replaced with lap bars in 2002.
In 2022, a single rider line was added to Joker's Jinx.
Joker's Jinx begins with a 60 mph launch that sends riders through a tunnel into a "spaghetti bowl" section of track which leads into a cobra roll. Next, the ride travels through a sidewinder followed by several winding curves and a corkscrew.
- "Track Spotted At Adventure World". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/1998/news_oct98.shtml.
- "New Rides Announced For The New Six Flags Parks". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/1998/news_oct98.shtml.
- Stilwell, Andrew (September 26, 2019). "19 for ’99: Joker’s Jinx at Six Flags America". Coaster101. https://www.coaster101.com/2019/09/26/19-for-99-jokers-jinx-at-six-flags-america/. Retrieved February 10, 2022.
- "Six Flags America opens for the start of spring". https://www.wmar2news.com/news/local-news/six-flags-america-opens-for-the-start-of-spring.
- "Rescuers Pull 24 Stranded Passengers From ‘Joker’s Jinx’ Roller Coaster at Six Flags America". https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/rescue-efforts-underway-after-jokers-jinx-roller-coaster-halts-at-six-flags-theme-park-in-maryland/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.