|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Flying|
|Product||Flying Dutchman (1018m)|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||50 mph|
In January 2001, Six Flags Ohio announced that X-Flight would be added to the park. In addition, the park would be adding a marine life section and renamed Six Flags Worlds of Adventure.
X-Flight was going to open on May 5, 2001, but was delayed to May 26.
In 2006, two years after the park was sold to Cedar Fair and renamed Geauga Lake, X-Flight was removed along with Steel Venom. This was because Cedar Fair was hoping Geauga Lake to return to a small family park. When it moved to Kings Island, the ride became Firehawk. Firehawk opened on May 26, 2007. Later that year, Geauga Lake closed down the amusement park section.
On September 27, 2018, Kings Island announced that Firehawk would be closing permanently on October 28. It was subsequently demolished. Firehawk was replaced with the giga coaster Orion, which opened in 2020.
2 trains with 6 cars per train. In each car, riders are arranged 4 across in a single row, for a total of 24 riders per train. One train was red and the other was yellow. Originally, there were three trains during the ride's first year at Geauga Lake, however, only two had been used since. The third train became a parts donor for the first two. After Firehawk closed, some parts of the trains are now being used as part donors for Nighthawk at Carowinds.
- "Six Flags Ohio to erect `flying' roller coaster". The Blade. https://web.archive.org/web/20200817225730/https://www.toledoblade.com/Print-Furniture/2001/01/05/Six-Flags-Ohio-to-erect-flying-roller-coaster/stories/200101050033.
- "R.I.P. Firehawk". Kings Island. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/september/r.i.p.-firehawk.
- "Say Goodbye To Firehawk". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvQxE-So21o.
- "Demolition Company Shares Views of the Demise of Firehawk at Kings Island". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2019/01/demolition-company-shares-views-of.html.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Geauga Lake & Wildwater KingdomArticles on|
|Former coasters||Beaver Land Mine Ride • Big Dipper • Corkscrew • Cyclone • Dominator • Double Loop • Head Spin • Little Dipper • Raging Wolf Bobs • Steel Venom • Thunderhawk • Villain • Wild Mouse • X-Flight|
|Former rides||Grizzly Run • Hay Baler • Merry Oldies • Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall • Pepsi Plunge • RipCord • Shipwreck Falls • Texas Twister • Time Warp|