|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Great Coasters International|
|Designer / calculations||Skyline Attractions (Jeff Pike), Adam House|
|Type||Wooden - Out and Back|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||53 mph|
Mystic Timbers is wooden roller coaster located at Kings Island in Mason, Ohio, USA. It was manufactured by Great Coasters International, designed by Skyline Attractions, and opened on April 15, 2017.
Mystic Timbers was announced on July 28, 2016. Vertical construction began in August 2016. In November 2016, the first drop was completed. While the layout of the ride was revealed, the final enclosed element was kept as a secret until the ride's opening day on April 15, 2017.
On September 9, 2017, Mystic Timbers was voted the Best New Ride of 2017 in the Amusement Today Golden Ticket Awards.
Mystic Timbers is located in the Rivertown themed area of Kings Island. Just before the ride ends, guests go into a themed building. The theatrical element was also hinted at by Kings Island's PR team, who used the hashtag "WhatsInTheShed" to market the ride. The shed was later revealed to be a special effects show.
There is a single tunnel along the course of the ride.
- "Mystic Timbers". Skyline Attractions, LLC. https://skylineattractions.com/portfolio/mystic-timbers/. Retrieved October 25, 2021.
- "Kings Island unveils Mystic Timbers roller coaster for 2017". https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/ohio/kings-island-unveils-mystic-timbers-roller-coaster-for-2017/95-284090185.
- "Mystic Timbers Begins to Rise at Kings Island". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2016/08/mystic-timbers-begins-to-rise-at-kings.html.
- "De first drop van Mystic Timbers in Kings Island is compleet". https://themeparkfreaks.eu/2016/11/de-first-drop-van-mystic-timbers-in-kings-island-is-compleet/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.