|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Invertigo in 2012|
|Type||Steel - Inverted - Shuttle|
|Riders per train||28|
|Area||282.2 feet × 98.4 feet|
|Top speed||50 mph|
In 1998, Kings Island announced the addition of a new themed area named Action Zone. The area would include two new rides, which were Drop Zone: Stunt Tower and Face/Off. The latter attraction would be an Invertigo model built by Vekoma and have a theme based on the 1997 Paramount Pictures film of the same name.
Face/Off opened on April 17, 1999.
Single train with 7 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 28 riders.
The official page on the Kings Island website still describes the ride as an opportunity to "scream your face off", having been unaltered after the name change.
The queue line
- "Kings Island puts $35M into thrills", The Cincinnati Enquirer (September 4, 1998), pp. 26. Retrieved on December 22, 2021.
- "New coaster thrills enthusiasts", Dayton Daily News (April 15, 1999), pp. 19. Retrieved on November 17, 2020.
- "Roller Coaster Painters – Kings Island Invertigo". Baynum Painting. https://baynumpainting.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/roller-coaster-painters-kings-island-invertigo/. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "What Makes Kings Island So Great? – Trip Report". The Coaster Kings. https://www.thecoasterkings.com/what-makes-kings-island-so-great-trip-report/.
- "Invertigo". Kings Island. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/rides-experiences/invertigo. Retrieved 2021-12-22.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.