|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Great Coasters International|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||51.2 mph|
Prowler is a wooden roller coaster located at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. Built by Great Coasters International, the ride opened on May 2, 2009. It is located in the Africa section of the park.
Prowler was announced on September 1, 2008. An auction was held in April 2009 to raise money for charity, those with the winning bids being among the first to ride Prowler. It opened a month later on May 2.
For the 2019 season, both Prowler and Timber Wolf were retracked. Some sections had their wood replaced, including the first drop. The wood on the outside section of the hill was being replaced with IPE wood, which was the highest quality timber available and eight times harder than California Redwood. This would add some softness to the turn and reduce the stress on the track. Plus, the ride received a new chain for the lift hill.
- Worlds of Fun Announces a new king of the jungle for 2009: Prowler Roller Coaster - Press Release - RCDB
- First Seats On Prowler Roller Coaster Now Up For Auction - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- Prowler opens at Worlds of Fun - Theme Park Tourist
- "Wood Working: Timber Wolf & Prowler". Worlds of Fun. https://www.worldsoffun.com/blog/2019/wood-working-timber-wolf--prowler.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.