|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|An overview of Timber Wolf taken from Mamba.|
|Designer / calculations||Curtis D. Summers|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||53 mph|
|Manufacturer||Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters|
|Riders per train||24|
Timber Wolf opened on April 1, 1989.
Prior to the 2007 season, extensive wood work was carried out on Timber Wolf to make the ride smoother.
On January 4, 2018, Worlds of Fun announced that they would be retracking the ride and adding a 70 degree banked turn at the end, replacing the helix. The work was carried out by Great Coasters International.
The ride was retracked once again in 2021.
- On March 31, 1990, 35 people suffered minor injuries when a train collided with a stationary train in front, prior to entering the station. It was found that the control system was unable to handle two trains at the same time. Timber Wolf reopened with a single train in late April while the control system was modified.
- On June 30, 1995, a 14-year-old girl fell roughly 25 feet to her death from the Timber Wolf. While her friend riding next to her claims the lap-bar and seat belt both came undone, the park contested this, stating that the all restrains on the train were in place before and after the ride cycle. Two witnesses sitting two rows behind claimed the girl was standing up prior to the incident. In 1998, the mother of the girl reached a $200,000 settlement with Philadelphia Toboggan Company, manufacturer of the train, and Hunt Midwest Entertainment, the former owner of the park.
- "Park dedicates new coaster", The Manhattan Mercury.
- Timber Wolf - Worlds of Fun Blog (Wayback archive)
- "New Finale for World of Fun’s Timber Wolf in 2018". Coaster101. January 5, 2018. https://www.coaster101.com/2018/01/05/new-finale-world-funs-timber-wolf-2018/. Retrieved January 29, 2022.
- Timber Wolf - Worlds of Fun
- "Wood Working: Timber Wolf & Prowler". Worlds of Fun. https://www.worldsoffun.com/blog/2019/wood-working-timber-wolf--prowler.
- "The Re-Tracking of Timber Wolf: Worlds of Fun’s Oldest & “Newest” Coaster". Coaster101. May 7, 2021. https://www.coaster101.com/2021/05/07/retracking-timber-wolf/. Retrieved January 29, 2022.
- 35 INJURED AT WORLDS OF FUN - The Wichita Eagle
- COASTER TO RUN AGAIN - Wichita Eagle
- Girl dies at Worlds of Fun - Lawrence Journal-World
- Victim May Have Stood in Roller Coaster Witnesses Saw Girl over Headrest - Questia
- U.S. Roller Coaster Fatalities (1972-1997) - Ride Accidents
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.