|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Shuttle|
|Riders per train||28|
|Area||288.8 feet × 98.4 feet|
|Top speed||47 mph|
Flying Cobras is a Vekoma Boomerang roller coaster located at Carowinds in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. It was the first addition to the park since it was purchased by Cedar Fair in 2006. The ride was previously located at the now defunct Geauga Lake from 1996 to 2007.
Geauga Lake officially closed on September 16, 2007. Head Spin was left standing but not operating in 2008. Eventually in late summer, the ride was dismantled and sent to Carowinds for the 2009 season. It received a new train and would be renamed Carolina Cobra. The Setpoint water coaster Flying Super Saturator was removed to make way for the ride.
For the 2017 season, the name of the roller coaster was changed from Carolina Cobra to Flying Cobras and the ride was repainted.
Single train with 7 cars. In each car, riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows, for a total of 28 riders per train. As part of the move to Carowinds, the original Vekoma train was replaced with a new train, also from the same company.
- "Geauga Lake silences rides; water park remains". https://www.mytownneo.com/article/20070930/NEWS/309309531.
- "Inside an Abandoned Geauga Lake with Photographer Alice Heart". Coaster101. October 9, 2017. https://www.coaster101.com/2017/10/09/inside-abandoned-geauga-lake-photographer-alice-heart/. Retrieved December 13, 2020.
- "Carowinds removing Super Saturator". Coaster Critic. https://coastercritic.com/2008/09/carowinds-removing-super-saturator/.
- "New Themed Area, Four New Rides + WinterFest Come to Carowinds in 2017". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2016/08/new-themed-area-four-new-rides.html.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Geauga Lake & Wildwater KingdomArticles on|