|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Giga|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||95 mph|
Vertical construction officially began in September 2014 with the addition of the first track piece. In November 2014, the lift hill began rising. The highest point of the ride was topped off on December 4, 2014. In January 2015, construction was completed when the last track piece was installed.
Fury 325 performed its first test runs on March 4, 2015.
On June 30, 2023, a crack was discovered on one of the supporting columns, near where it met the track. In videos shared online, the upper section had become completely severed from the rest of the column and moved as the train passed over it. The coaster was closed after staff were made aware of the crack. The cracked support was subsequently wrapped in plastic.
Fury 325 reopened on August 11 after repairs were complete and the ride had been inspected.
Fury 325 passes over and under two walkways from the parking lot to the park's new main entrance. During the construction of Fury 325, the park entrance was rebuilt. It was built at a cost of $30 million.
3 trains with 8 cars per train. In each car, riders are arranged 4 across in a single row, for a total of 32 riders per train. The front car from one of the trains was on show at B&M's booth during IAAPA 2015.
Fury 325 is the tallest roller coaster with a traditional lift hill, standing 325 feet tall (thus the namesake). It is tied with Steel Dragon 2000 as the fastest roller coaster without a launch. It is the longest steel roller coaster in North America. It is the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster built by Bolliger & Mabillard.
The queue line
- "Carowinds Announces Fury 325 B&M Giga Coaster for 2015". Coaster101. August 21, 2014. https://www.coaster101.com/2014/08/21/carowinds-announces-fury-325-for-2015/. Retrieved January 2, 2021.
- "First pieces of track arrive for new record-breaking roller coaster coming to Carowinds". https://myfox8.com/news/first-pieces-of-track-arrive-for-new-record-breaking-roller-coaster-coming-to-carowinds/.
- "Fury 325 Steel Rises at Carowinds". Coaster101. October 2, 2014. https://www.coaster101.com/2014/10/02/fury-325-steel-rises-at-carowinds/. Retrieved February 8, 2022.
- "First Pieces of Fury 325 Now In Place at Carowinds". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2014/09/first-pieces-of-fury-325-now-in-place.html.
- "Fury 325's Lift Hill Going Up + New Entrance Work". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2014/11/fury-325s-lift-hill-going-up-new.html.
- "Fury 325 Topped Out at Carowinds". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2014/12/fury-325-topped-out-at-carowinds.html.
- "Fury 325 Completed at Carowinds + New Culinary Event". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2015/01/fury-325-completed-at-carowinds-new.html.
- "Fury 325's Impressive Night Look + First Rider Auction". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2015/02/fury-325s-impressive-night-look-first.html.
- Stilwell, Andrew (March 5, 2015). "Fury 325 Completes First Test Run". Coaster101. https://www.coaster101.com/2015/03/05/fury-325-completes-first-test-run/. Retrieved February 8, 2022.
- Stilwell, Andrew (March 26, 2015). "Fury 325 Media Day Report". Coaster101. https://www.coaster101.com/2015/03/26/fury-325-media-day-report/. Retrieved January 2, 2021.
- "World-record-breaking coaster catapults Carowinds to new heights (w/video)". https://morganton.com/entertainment/world-record-breaking-coaster-catapults-carowinds-to-new-heights-w-video/article_d3d8c1a4-d4c8-11e4-a9e8-7fda41952588.html.
- Croft, Jay; Razek, Raja (2023-07-01). "Roller coaster at Carowinds closes after discovery of a crack in a support pillar". CNN. https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/01/us/north-carolina-roller-coaster-closed/index.html. Retrieved 2023-07-02.
- Marusak, Joe (2023-07-02). "Carowinds roller coaster shut down days after a crack appeared while people were riding Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article276928683.html#storylink=cpy". The Charlotte Observer. https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article276928683.html. Retrieved 2023-07-02.
- "[Fury 325 [Carowinds] Looks like some kind of plastic wrap around the crack…Very sad day!"]. Reddit. 2023-07-01. https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/14o5de1/fury_325_carowinds_looks_like_some_kind_of/. Retrieved 2023-07-01.
- "Fury 325 REOPENS At Carowinds, Official Statement Released!". themeparktourist. 2023-08-11. https://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20230811/33562/fury-325-reopens-carowinds-official-statement-released/. Retrieved 2023-08-23.
- Macdonald, Brady (2014-10-29). "Carowinds’ Fury 325 joins an elite club of world’s tallest coasters". Los Angeles Times. https://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-fury-325-carowinds-20141027-story.html. Retrieved 2021-08-28.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.