|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Hyper|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||76 mph|
Candymonium is a new hyper roller coaster which opened at Hersheypark in 2020. The ride was manufactured by Bolliger & Mabillard and is the centerpiece of a new multi-million dollar entry plaza called Chocolatetown. It is the first true candy-themed coaster at Hersheypark to open.
The attraction was announced on October 3, 2018 alongside the new ChocolateTown entrance area.
More info was released on July 24, 2019, including the name Candymonium and that the ride will be 210 feet tall with a top speed of 76 mph and a length of 4,636 feet. The final piece of track was installed in February 2020.
The ride had its first test run on May 6.
The park describes this roller coaster as the "world's sweetest roller coaster". Candymonium is a Hyper Coaster from Bolliger & Mabillard and the flagship attraction of Hersheypark's new entrance area Chocolatetown.
Each train on Candymonium is based on a different Hershey brand. There will be a Hershey's Kisses train (blue), a Reese's Peanut Butter Cups train (orange), and a Twizzlers train (red).
- "Hersheypark to Feature Total Candymonium With New For 2020 Roller Coaster". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2019/07/hersheypark-to-feature-total.html.
- "Hersheypark Places Final Track Piece for New Candymonium Hyper Coaster". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/02/hersheypark-places-final-track-piece.html. Retrieved 25 February 2020.
- "Hersheypark + Candymonium Coaster Opening July 3rd". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/06/hersheypark-candymonium-coaster-opening.html.
- "Candymonium Gives Hersheypark a Truly World-Class Ride". Theme Park Insider. https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202007/7564/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.