|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Condor with its original colour scheme|
|Product||SLC (662m Prototype)|
|Type||Steel - Inverted|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||80 km/h|
|Manufacturer||Vekoma (Replaced 2021)|
|Riders per train||16|
Condor is a steel inverted roller coaster located at Walibi Holland in Biddinghuizen, Flevoland, Netherlands. Prior to 2014, the ride was originally known as El Condor.
Opened in May 1994, it was the first ever Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster. It is one of two roller coasters to have the prototype track layout, the other being T3 at Kentucky Kingdom in the United States.
In August 2022, Condor was closed as the park stated it had received complaints from guests regarding uncomfortable rides. The park stated that it had launched an investigation and hopes to reopen the coaster as soon as possible.
Orange track and turquoise supports.
White track and turquoise supports.
2 trains with 8 cars per train. In each car, riders are arranged 2 across in a single row, for a total of 16 riders per train.
For the 2021 season, the original trains were replaced with new rolling stock built by Vekoma. These trains feature vest restraints.
The ride was featured in the 1995-1996 tv series "Bassie & Adriaan: Liedjes uit Grootmoeders Tijd". It made its appearance in the first episode of the series, that aired on september 1, 1995. In this episode, Bassie and Adriaan visit Walibi Holland (Or Walibi Flevo, as it was called back then) to sing some classic dutch children songs. Bassie wants to take a rest after walking for a while, and sits down in El Condor's train, the train starts to move and prompts the song to start; "Rijden In Een Wagentje".
On 5 July 1994, three people were hospitalized after two trains collided with each other.
- ↑ "Walibi Holland legt achtbaan Condor stil vanwege fysieke klachten bij bezoekers". Looopings. 2022-08-30. https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/20557/Walibi-Holland-legt-achtbaan-Condor-stil-vanwege-fysieke-klachten-bij-bezoekers.html. Retrieved 2022-08-30.
- ↑ "Walibi Holland toont nieuwe treinen voor omstreden achtbaan Condor". Loopings. https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/13516/Walibi-Holland-toont-nieuwe-treinen-voor-omstreden-achtbaan-Condor.html. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- ↑ Keller, Marc (28 April 2021). "Schluss mit Kopfschmerzen? Das sind die neuen Züge für „Condor“ in Walibi Holland für 2021". Parkerlebnis.de. https://www.parkerlebnis.de/walibi-holland-condor-neue-zuege-2021_119712.html. Retrieved 3 May 2021.
- ↑ "Drie gewonden na ongeluk met achtbaan Walibi Flevo". Trouw. https://www.trouw.nl/nieuws/drie-gewonden-na-ongeluk-met-achtbaan-walibi-flevo~bf28f557/. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- Condor on the Roller Coaster DataBase.