|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Entrance to T3|
|Product||SLC (662m Prototype)|
|Onsite construction||Martin & Vleminckx|
|Type||Steel - Inverted|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||49.7 mph|
|Manufacturer||KumbaK (2015-present) |
|Riders per train||14|
T3 (pronounced "T-three" or "Terror to the Third Power"); originally known as T2 was a steel inverted roller coaster located at Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. Opened in 1995, T3 was the second of two prototype Suspended Looping Coasters built by Vekoma. It only has seven cars per train, as opposed to the usual ten found on other SLCs.
The ride originally opened as T2 on April 8, 1995. T2 closed with the park in 2009 due to Six Flags' bankruptcy. Kentucky Kingdom reopened on May 24, 2014, but T2 remained closed. It was later announced that T2 would be overhauled and renamed T3 for the 2015 season.
Red track and supports. Opened with red track and supports, later changed to feature black track and supports. For its reopening in 2015, the color scheme was reverted back to the original all-red scheme.
The loading station
T3 in 2015
T3 at night
One of the original trains
- "T2 is what's new at Kingdom".
- "Six Flags announces Kentucky Kingdom closure". https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201002/1693/.
- "Kentucky Kingdom set to reopen this weekend". https://www.lanereport.com/31905/2014/05/kentucky-kingdom-set-to-reopen-this-weekend/.
- Kentucky Kingdom Preparing for 2015 - Coaster101
- "T3 (OFF ride POV)- Kentucky Kingdom, Louisville, KY". Coaster Crusader. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0_JLQAcd1M.
- Gut-wrenching Kentucky Kingdom coaster opens - The Courier-Journal
- "Kentucky Kingdom to retire longtime roller coaster after nearly 30 years". https://www.wdrb.com/news/kentucky-kingdom-to-retire-longtime-roller-coaster-after-nearly-30-years/article_1483d11c-e627-11ed-b1d4-2f897827af5e.html.
- "SLC - Vekoma". https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/slc-vekoma. Retrieved 2023-09-11.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
- T3 on the parks website
|Kentucky KingdomArticles on|