|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Builder||Great Coasters International|
|Designer / calculations||Jeff Pike |
|Track layout||L-Shaped Out and Back|
|Riders per train||12|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||71 km/h|
Heidi The Ride is a wooden out and back roller coaster located at Plopsaland De Panne in Adinkerke-De Panne, West Flanders, Flemish Region, Belgium. It was originally destined to open in 2016, however the opening was pushed back and the ride eventually opened on 2 April 2017. The delayed opening of the roller coaster is believed to have been caused by noise issues.
Rumours began circulating in late 2014 that Plopsaland De Panne was looking to construct a new wooden roller coaster and that they had approached Great Coasters International. Heidi The Ride was officially announced in July 2015. It was expected to open in 2016, though the Heidiland area would not be completed until the following year.
In July 2016, the park announced that the opening of Heidiland and Heidi The Ride had been pushed back to 2017 as an environmental permit had not been approved. Additional fencing and tunnels were subsequently installed to reduce noise emissions.
Heidi The Ride is situated in Heidiland and has a theme based on the Studio 100 character Heidi.
- "Plopsaland De Panne 2016 mit neuer Holzachterbahn?". Parkerlebnis.de.
- "„Heidi"-Baustelle im Blick: Neue Holzachterbahn im Plopsaland De Panne kurz vor Eröffnung". Parkerlebnis.de.
- "Plopsaland De Panne verschiebt „Heidi: The Ride"-Eröffnung: Neue Holzachterbahn erst ab 2017". Parkerlebnis.de.
- "Fotoverslag: Telenet Plopsadag". Studio100 fan.
- "Plopsaland De Panne eröffnet „Heidi-Land" mit Holzachterbahn „Heidi – The Ride" am 2. April 2017". Parkerlebnis.de.
|The category Heidi The Ride contains additional media.|
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Plopsaland De PanneArticles on|