|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Hyper|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||142 km/h|
Hyperion is a steel hyper roller coaster located at Energylandia in Zator, Małopolskie, Poland. It was manufactured by Intamin and took the title of tallest and fastest hyper coaster in Europe from Shambhala at PortAventura Park at 249.3 feet tall with a drop at 255.9 feet tall. The ride opened on 14 July 2018. It has the tallest drop of any hyper roller coaster, and the tallest roller coaster of all to have an inversion.
In October 2016, Energylandia announced that it would be building a hyper roller coaster, planned to open in 2018. The park revealed two proposals, which it claimed were from Vekoma and Intamin, and asked fans to choose their favourite. The following month, Energylandia announced that Intamin had been selected to design and build the roller coaster.
The name of the coaster was revealed to be Hyperion on 15 October 2017 through the park's Facebook page. Later that month, concept art was released revealing Hyperion's sci-fi theme.
The ride opened on 14 July 2018.
This roller coaster has an 85° drop which dives into a tunnel.
- EnergyLandia plant Mega-Coaster von Vekoma oder Intamin für 2018 – Fans dürfen entscheiden - Parkerlebins.de
- Aus 80 Metern in die Tiefe: EnergyLandia baut Mega-Coaster von Intamin für 2018 - Parkerlebins.de
- "Hoogste punt van Hyperion bereikt in Energylandia". https://themeparkfreaks.eu/2018/04/hoogste-punt-van-hyperion-bereikt-in-energylandia/.
- EnergyLandia komplettiert 12. Achterbahn: Schienenschluss bei Polens höchster Achterbahn - Parkerlebins.de
- HYPERION Mega Coaster Premier Test - Energylandia Amusement Park Poland - YouTube
- "Hyperion coaster opens on 14th July at Energylandia". https://www.themeparks-eu.com/news/hyperion-coaster-opens-on-14th-july-at-energylandia.
- "Fatal accident at Polish amusement park". https://tvpworld.com/38550601/fatal-accident-at-polish-amusement-park.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.