|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Builder||Great Coasters International|
|Designer / calculations||Mike Boodley|
|Type||Wooden - Twister|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||53.7 mph|
In June 2003, Thunderhead was announced.
In 2009 and 2018, portions of Thunderhead were retracted by GCI.
Thunderhead required 700,000 feet of Southern Yellow pine to construct the 3,230 foot long coaster.
12 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 24 riders per train.
- "New Wooden Coaster To Roll Into Dollywood For 2004 Season". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/2003/stories/062703_01.shtml.
- "Thunderhead wooden roller coaster opens at Dollywood". https://dollyparton.com/family_destinations/dollywood/thunderhead-wooden-roller-coaster-opens/4731.
- Mitch Hawker's Best Roller Coaster Poll
- Hook, Patrick (2019). Ticket to Ride. USA: Chartwell Books. pp. 164. ISBN 978-0-7858-3577-6.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.