|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|The attraction as Sidewinder in 2020|
|Type||Steel - Shuttle|
|Top speed||47 mph|
|Manufacturer||Vekoma (replaced 2011)|
|Riders per train||28|
The ride begins with a lift hill that pulls the train backwards up 116.5 feet before releasing it into a drop that brings it back through the station and into the actual ride. The train goes through three inversions: the vertical loop and a cobra roll. The cobra roll has been described to be very rough on riders due to the wear of the ride. A second lift hill brings the train up the same height as the first, but this time forwards. The train is released and travels the course backwards before arriving again at the station. Sidewinder is located in the Pioneer Frontier section of the park across from Storm Runner and near Trailblazer.
In 2011, the original Vekoma train was replaced with a more modern style train also from the same manufacturer.
- "Waiting game". The Daily News. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/37119071/hersheypark-sidewinder-proposal-1990/.
- "Hersheypark has (stomach) upsetting news", Intelligencer Journal.
- "Hershey coaster turns world upside down". https://www.mcall.com/news/mc-xpm-1991-05-12-2799862-story.html.
- "Hersheypark announces two new Jolly Rancher attractions for summer". https://www.pahomepage.com/news/hersheypark-announces-two-new-jolly-rancher-attractions-for-summer/.
- "Hersheypark reveals opening date of new Jolly Rancher rides". https://blooloop.com/theme-park/news/hersheypark-jolly-rancher-coaster-ride-opening-date/.
- "Hersheypark – Savoring Some Skyrush & A Jolly New Paint Job?". https://wewereinverted.com/hersheypark-savoring-some-skyrush-and-a-jolly-new-paint-job/.
- "[Sidewinder, Hersheypark Typically I wouldn’t post so much about a repaint, but varying colors seem to support the rumored new name/theme"]. Reddit. 2021-10-25. https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/qfgwdv/sidewinder_hersheypark_typically_i_wouldnt_post/. Retrieved 2022-01-03.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.