|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH |
Walt Disney Imagineering
|Type||Steel - Launched - Enclosed|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Electric winch launch |
Tire propelled lift
|Top speed||70.8 km/h|
Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain is a steel launched enclosed roller coaster found at Disneyland Paris in Marne la Vallée, Île-de-France, France. When built in 1995, it was the first full-circuit launch coaster.
The ride opened on 1 June 1995 as Space Mountain: De la terre a la lune. Then, for its 10th anniversary, in 2005, it was revamped to Space Mountain: Mission 2. It remained under this name until 2017, when it was renamed to Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain: Rebel Mission and given new trains with vest restraints. This was done for Disneyland Paris' 25th anniversary.
The original version of the ride
The original launch position
The launch system
- "Euro Disney targets Space Mountain to speed recovery". The Orlando Sentinel. May 31, 1995. p. 18. Retrieved February 17, 2023.
- "Euro Disney unveils Space Mountain revamp".
- "6 Disney Attractions That Were Re-Themed From Their Original Concept".
- "Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary deconstructed: Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain".
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.