|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Spinning|
|Riders per train||12|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||40 mph|
In June 2014, it was announced that Adventureland would replace its Hurricane roller coaster with a new, larger ride with spinning cars. The manufacturer was revealed to be Mack Rides and a contest was launched allowing the public to vote on a name for the new attraction.
The name of the ride was revealed to be "Turbulence" on December 26, 2014.
The ride opened on May 22, 2015.
Photographs of the roller coaster taken during the opening ceremony.
- Adventureland Long Island Announces New Roller Coaster for 2015 - NewsPlusNotes
- Adventureland Facebook post
- Adventureland's Turbulence Coaster Now Complete - NewsPlusNotes
- "Turbulence Testing at Adventureland". Coaster101. May 4, 2015. https://www.coaster101.com/2015/05/04/turbulence-testing-at-adventureland/. Retrieved February 8, 2022.
- "‘Turbulence’ Debuts At Farmingdale’s Adventureland; Officially Opens for Business Memorial Day Weekend". https://www.longislandexchange.com/turbulence-debuts-at-farmingdales-adventureland-officially-opens-for-business-friday-may-22/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.