|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|View of the ride after its conversion into Patriot.|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Floorless|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||40 mph|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard (replaced 2017)|
|Riders per train||29|
Patriot is a steel floorless roller coaster located at California's Great America in Santa Clara, California, USA. The ride was built by Bolliger & Mabillard and opened on March 9, 1991 as Vortex. It is the second roller coaster built by the company, with the first one being Iron Wolf at Six Flags Great America. It is slightly shorter than Bolliger & Mabillard's third roller coaster, Vortex at Carowinds.
Vortex opened on March 9, 1991.
On August 18, 2016, the park announced that Vortex would be renamed Patriot and receive a floorless conversion. This conversion saw the track repainted blue and the supports repainted white. Vortex's last day as a stand-up coaster was September 5, 2016. The transformation began in September 2016 shortly after Vortex closed. The ride reopened as Patriot on April 1, 2017.
- "Patriot Gets an Opening Date, and more from CA Great America". coaster101. https://www.coaster101.com/2017/03/22/patriot-gets-and-opening-date-and-more-from-ca-great-america/.
- "Great America Introduces Patriot Floorless Coaster For 2017". https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/great-america-introduces-patriot-floorless-coaster-for-2017-300315428.html.
- "The Patriot Coming to Life at California's Great America". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-patriot-coming-to-life-at.html.
- "Patriot opens at Great America with much fanfare". https://acenorcal.org/2017/04/01/patriot-opens-at-great-america-with-much-fanfare/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.