|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Spinning|
|Model / product||Spinning Coaster 420/4 (Extended)|
|Riders per train||4|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
Top speed31 mph
Pandemonium is a Gerstlauer spinning roller coaster located at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Texas, USA. The ride was originally named "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" and was themed around skateboarding.
History[edit | edit source]
Tony Hawk's Big Spin was announced on December 6, 2006. It opened on March 10, 2007 and was the first of four Tony Hawk-themed Gerstlauer spinning roller coasters to open in the Six Flags chain. When it first opened, the ride had video cameras allowing guests to purchase a DVD containing footage from their ride. This has since been discontinued.
After the 2010 season, Six Flags removed all "Tony Hawk" references from the chain, and the roller coaster became known as simply Big Spin. In 2012, the roller coaster was named Pandemonium.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was a cut out of Tony Hawk near the top of the coaster when the coaster was "Tony Hawk's Big Spin".
- The cars are made to look like skateboards.
Photo Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas website information
- Tony Hawk To Take Thrill-Seekers For A Spin At Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- Riders Take a Spin on Six Flags New Attractions That Offer an "Extreme Sports Experience" - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- Six Flags amusement parks prepare for thematic makeovers - LA Times
|Roller coasters at Six Flags Fiesta Texas|
|Present||Batman The Ride • Boomerang • Goliath • Kiddee Koaster • Pandemonium • Poltergeist • Iron Rattler • Road Runner Express • Superman Krypton Coaster • Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster|
|Former||Boardwalk Canyon Blaster • Joker's Revenge • Rattler|