|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Launched|
|Riders per train||24|
|Top speed||60 mph|
Poltergeist is a steel launched roller coaster located at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Texas, USA. Built by Premier Rides, Poltergeist uses an LIM launching system instead of a traditional lift hill to propel the train. It opened on May 28, 1999.
On October 8, 1998, Six Flags Fiesta Texas announced that they would be adding Poltergeist, Boomerang, Scream and twelve other attractions. This would be a part of the park's $30 million expansion.
Poltergeist and Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America opened in 1999, three years after the world's first LIM-launched coasters, Outer Limits: Flight of Fear at Kings Island and its namesake at Kings Dominion. It replaced the Seaside Golf mini golf course which had operated from the opening of Fiesta Texas in 1992 to 1998.
On July 4, 2021, Poltergeist closed for a refurbishment which included new theme elements, an indoor air-conditioned queue line, and a full repaint to fit in with the theme of Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger, a new roller coaster expected to open in 2022. The ride reopened on September 3.
Riders are launched from 0 to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.
- "Amusement ride stickers". https://www.tdi.texas.gov/commercial/lcamcurrentsticker.html. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- "Six Flags Festa Texas Announces $30 Million Expansion". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/1998/news_oct98.shtml.
- "Poltergeist". SFFT Source. https://www.sfftsource.com/rides/poltergeist. Retrieved 2022-02-28.
- "Six Flags Fiesta Texas". Screamscape. https://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_fiesta_texas.htm. Retrieved 2021-06-15.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.