|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, USA|
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a family entertainment company owned by The Blackstone Group. SeaWorld operates seven theme parks located throughout the United States. The chain was formerly a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch since 1959, under which it was known as Busch Entertainment Corporation
Anheuser-Busch initially created the subsidiary to run the the various Busch Gardens parks. The parks at Tampa, Florida and Williamsburg, Virginia were located adjacent to breweries, and the parks included tours of the facilities and even free samples of the products made there.
In the fall of 2009, the Blackstone Group acquired Busch Entertainment. The Blackstone Group already owned a significant interest in Merlin Entertainments, which operates attractions and theme parks such as Madame Tussauds and Alton Towers.
Current amusement parks (6)
- Busch Gardens Tampa - Tampa Bay, Florida, United States
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
- SeaWorld Orlando - Orlando, Florida, United States
- SeaWorld San Antonio - San Antonio, Texas, United States
- SeaWorld San Diego - San Diego, California, United States
- Sesame Place - Chula Visa, California, United States (currently operating as Aquatica, opening as Sesame Place in 2021)
- Sesame Place - Langhorne, Pennsylvania, United States
- SeaWorld Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates