|SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment|
|Headquarters||Orlando, Florida, USA|
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is a family entertainment company owned by The Blackstone Group. SeaWorld operates seven theme parks located throughout the United States. The chain was formerly a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch since 1959, under which it was known as Busch Entertainment Corporation
History[edit | edit source]
Anheuser-Busch initially created the subsidiary to run the the various Busch Gardens parks. The parks at Tampa, Florida and Williamsburg, Virginia were located adjacent to breweries, and the parks included tours of the facilities and even free samples of the products made there.
In the fall of 2009, the Blackstone Group acquired Busch Entertainment. The Blackstone Group already owned a significant interest in Merlin Entertainments, which operates attractions and theme parks such as Madame Tussauds and Alton Towers.
Amusement parks[edit | edit source]
Current amusement parks (6)[edit | edit source]
- Busch Gardens Tampa - Tampa Bay, Florida
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Williamsburg, Virginia
- SeaWorld Orlando - Orlando, Florida
- SeaWorld San Antonio - San Antonio, Texas
- SeaWorld San Diego - San Diego, California
- Sesame Place - Chula Visa, California (currently operating as Aquatica, opening as Sesame Place in 2021)
- Sesame Place - Langhorne, Pennsylvania