|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Launched|
|Manufacturer||Zamperla (2023-present) |
|Riders per train||12|
The ride originally opened in 2009 with Miragica as Senzafiato, which is Italian for "breathless". The coaster closed in 2018 with the park and remained standing but not operating until it was taken down in 2021. The ride was shipped to Zamperla, where it was renovated. Zamperla replaced the ride's hydraulic launch with an LSM launch, as well as build new trains. It was subsequently sold to Playland for CAD$9 million (USD$6.64 million) after these modifications were made, making it Playland's largest ride investment. It is planned to be where Corkscrew, Drop Zone, and The Revelation were formerly located. The ride is marketed as the fastest launch coaster in Canada.
The new name of the ride is currently unknown, but is simply called "Launch Coaster" as a placeholder. In March 2023, Playland hosted a contest on Namecontests.com to name the ride. Winners will receive two season passes and a chance to win two invitations to the ride's launch party. 852 entries were submitted.
- "Today, the PNE is pleased to announce the purchase of Canada’s fastest LAUNCH COASTER!". https://www.instagram.com/p/CkjPfGyvgRA/.
- Chan, Kenneth (2022/11/04). "Canada's fastest launch roller coaster to be built at Playland (RENDERINGS)". Daily Hive. https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/playland-vancouver-launch-roller-coaster-pne. Retrieved 2023/08/21.
- "Playland removes two rides for new roller coaster". CityNews. 2023/01/19. https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/01/19/playland-rides-new-roller-coaster/. Retrieved 2023/08/21.
- "Playland at PNE Building Launched Steel Coaster for 2024 Season". NewsPlusNotes. 2022-11-26. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2022/11/playland-at-pne-building-launched-steel.html. Retrieved 2022-12-06.
- "Playland Launch Coaster". https://www.namecontests.com/ci9yvlmr.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.