|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|The front car on display at IAAPA 2019|
|Manufacturer||Great Coasters International|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
Top speed55 mph
Texas Stingray is a wooden roller coaster currently operating at SeaWorld San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas, USA. It is a wood coaster from Great Coasters International. It opened on February 29, 2020 following passholder preview days on the previous weekend.
History[edit | edit source]
Footers for the ride were poured in April 2019.
On August 21, 2019, SeaWorld San Antonio released a teaser saying that the ride would be the tallest and fastest wooden coaster in Texas.
On December 19, 2019, the ride had its first test run.
On February 4, 2020, it was announced that the ride would officially open on February 29, 2020.
Design[edit | edit source]
Texas Stingray is a signature Wood Coaster from GCI. It is 100 feet tall, reaches speeds of 55 mph, and is more than 3,300 feet long. It includes steeply banked turns and ejector airtime moments, as well as a tunnel 100 feet long.
References[edit | edit source]
- Pass Member Weekend - February 22 and February 23. SeaWorld San Antonio
- SeaWorld San Antonio Confirms Wood Coaster for 2020 With New Tease. NewsPlusNotes
- First Look: SeaWorld San Antonio unveils new thrill ride (photos). San Antonio Business Journal
- Great Coasters International is building Texas Stingray for SeaWorld San Antonio. NewsPlusNotes
[edit | edit source]
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Articles on SeaWorld San Antonio|
|Present||Great White • Journey To Atlantis • Steel Eel • Super Grover's Box Car Derby • Texas Stingray • Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster|