|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||The Gravity Group, LLC|
|Type||Wooden - Hybrid|
|Track layout||Out and Back|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Elevation change||173 feet|
|Top speed||67 mph|
|Bank angle: 90° - HELP|
The Voyage is a hybrid roller coaster located at Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana, USA. The ride has the most airtime of any wooden roller coaster in the world, with 24.2 seconds, in addition to three 90° banked turns and a 66° first drop. It opened in 2006 as part of the new Thanksgiving area.
In July 2005, Holiday World announced that The Voyage would be coming to the park. It would be a part of the new Thanksgiving area.
During construction, National Geographic spent a day filming the roller coaster and several interviews for a documentary titled Coasters: Riding Into the Extreme.
The Voyage officially opened on May 6, 2006.
Holiday World announced that for the 2010 season, The Voyage would receive new Timberliner trains from Gravitykraft Corporation. The trains were not installed, and in August 2013 the park stated that the Timberliners would not be installed.
2 trains with 6 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 24 riders per train.
On Friday June 4, 2021 Coaster enthusiasts Dawn Jankovic and her son Gunnar Merker boarded The Voyage. During the ride, Dawn lost unconscious. Upon returning to the station, medics were called immediately and Dawn was taken to a nearby hospital where she passed away. The coaster remained closed and was inspected by the Indiana Department of Homeland Security and found to be operating as intended. An autopsy had been completed but has not been released pending notification of the family.  
Holiday World released the following statement via social media:
"Earlier this evening, a female Guest returned to the station of The Voyage roller coaster unresponsive. Holiday World EMTs arrived three minutes later and immediately began to render first aid. The Guest was transported via ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Jasper, Indiana. At this point, the Guest’s name has not been released.
A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.
The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite."
- National Geographic To Film Construction Of New Wooden Coaster - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- 'Voyage' Engineers Design New Coaster Trains - Holiday World (Wayback archive)
- Voyage trains update - Holiday World
- New for 06: The Voyage! - Holiday World
- "Woman Dead After Tragic Accident On The Voyage". WNY Coasters. 06/07/2021. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcRcmSO5rL0. Retrieved 06/12/2021.
- Boswell, Jake (06/08/2021). ""She was a hard working mom": Son remembers mother who died after roller coaster ride at Holiday World". WEHT. https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/she-was-a-hard-working-mom-son-remembers-mother-who-died-after-roller-coaster-ride-at-holiday-world/. Retrieved 06/12/2021.
- Loreno, Darcie (06/08/2021). "Woman dies on roller coaster". WJW. https://fox8.com/news/our-deepest-sympathy-woman-who-died-after-riding-roller-coaster-was-employee-at-uh/. Retrieved 06/12/2021.
- "Social Media Statement". Holiday World & Splashin' Safari. 06/05/2021. https://www.facebook.com/HolidayWorld/posts/10158455615134538. Retrieved 06/12/2021.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Tallest wooden roller coaster drop|
May 2006 - June 2006
|Tallest wooden roller coaster drop
May 2006 - June 2006
|Holiday WorldArticles on|