|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Inverted|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||55 mph|
|Manufacturer||Vekoma (replaced 2008)|
Riders are required to give 8 tickets or have a wristband in order to ride, and must be over 4'4 and under 6'7. Further restrictions are posted at the ride, and loose articles (cell phones, flip flops, etc.) are not permitted. With the installation of the two new trains with vest restraints, the ride contrasts the original two trains, which gave riders a less comfortable experience. For 2008, the coaster received a $1.2 million upgrade, which saw new-style "Freedom Seats" cars installed.
At first glance it might look like it is the standard layout, but it makes a u-turn out of the station unlike the standard layout. This makes it one of two SLCs with a completely custom layout, with the other being Odyssey at Fantasy Island.
In 2006, the track and supports were painted white. Previously, they had been painted in a pinkish-red.
During its renovation in 2017, it was repainted again to have white track and teal supports by Baynum Painting.
- "Memorial Day cool spell can't stop holiday crowd".
- "Morey's Piers Updating Great Nor'Easter Suspended Coaster". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/stories/20071210_01.shtml.
- Morey's Begins Heavy Renovation of the Great Nor'Easter for Summer 2017 - NewsPlusNotes
- Ride the Great Nor'easter Roller Coaster in Wildwood - pressof Atlantic City
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Morey's PiersArticles on|