|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
Perilous Plunge was a Shoot The Chute built by Intamin formerly located at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, USA. It was one of the first Mega Splash models to be built. The ride operated from 2000 to 2012.
Construction of Perilous Plunge began in November 1999 when a construction wall was erected from Hammerhead to Coasters Diner and the entrance to Boomerang. During the construction progress, the walkway was moved closer to the coaster.
Perilous Plunge was originally planned to open in July 2000, but the opening was delayed due to technical issues. The new attraction had required an extensive amount of tweaks, which forced the park to push back the opening. The ride then opened on September 15, 2000.
On August 13, 2012, Knott's Berry Farm announced that Perilous Plunge would permanently close on September 3 in order to make room for Coast Rider, Pacific Scrambler and Surfside Gliders.
- On September 21, 2001, a 40-year-old woman was killed after falling out of the ride vehicle.
- ↑ "Knott's Begins Construction on Perilous Plunge". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/october99/stories/19991108_01.shtml.
- ↑ "Knott's Berry Farm to Finally Open Delayed Water Ride". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/july00/stories/20000818_01.shtml.
- ↑ Knott’s Perilous Plunge’s days are numbered
- ↑ Rider, 40, Dies in Plunge at Knott's
|Knott's Berry FarmArticles on|