|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Launched - Motorbike|
|Propulsion||Flywheel launch from 0-38 mph in 3.0 seconds|
|Top speed||38 mph|
2 trains with 8 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 16 riders per train.
On October 7, 2010, a train failed to make it up the initial incline and rolled back, colliding with and damaging a train in the station. Ten people were injured, receiving minor back and neck injuries. The accident was reportedly due to the brake fins being painted over, which prevented them from stopping the train. Pony Express reopened on October 18 after investigations. The park now tests the safety brakes when inspecting the ride.
- "Pony Express To Arrive At Knott's Berry Farm Next Summer". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/stories/20071107_01.shtml.
- "Pony Express delights park-goers". https://www.ocregister.com/2008/05/22/pony-express-delights-park-goers-2/.
- "RyanTheme Park tweet". 2021-11-04. https://twitter.com/Ryanthemepark/status/1456315975436013578?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1456315975436013578%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fscreamscape.com%2Fhtml%2Fknott-s_berry_farm.htm. Retrieved 2021-11-10.
- 10 hurt in crash on Knott's Berry Farm coaster - Los Angeles Times
- Knott's Berry Farm coaster reopens after accident investigation - Los Angeles Times
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Knott's Berry FarmArticles on|