|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Diving|
|Riders per train||16|
|Propulsion||Vertical chain lift hill|
|Top speed||57 mph|
HangTime is a steel diving roller coaster located at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, USA. It was manufactured by Gerstlauer and opened on May 18, 2018. The ride sits on the former site of Boomerang, which closed on April 23, 2017.
The coaster is located towards the back of the park behind Coast Rider.
On November 5, 2017, vertical construction began on the ride. On the same day, the park released a teaser video.
HangTime is an Infinity Coaster from Gerstlauer. Knott's Berry Farm is marketing the ride as the first dive coaster on the West Coast, despite it not technically being a Dive Coaster by model. This is due to the holding brake that holds riders for 5 seconds prior to the drop. HangTime also contains 5 inversions; a negative-g stall loop, a corkscrew, a cutback and a cobra roll. The ride also contains a dashing light package, similar to The Monster at Adventureland, that follows the ride around its course at night.
The train exits the station and climbs a 150 foot tall vertical chain lift hill. At the top, riders hold for 5 seconds before dropping 122 feet at a 96° degree angle, reaching 57 mph. Then, the train heads into a negative-g stall loop, a unique element that twists riders downwards before suspending upside down and exiting in the opposite direction. Riders head into a corkscrew, followed by a cutback. After this, the train hits a small drop which leads into a cobra roll. Riders hit the final brake run and make a right turn back to the station.
- "After 27 years, Knott’s Berry Farm is closing its Boomerang roller coaster for good". https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/20/after-27-years-knotts-berry-farm-is-closing-its-boomerang-roller-coaster-for-good/.
- "Knott's Berry Farm announces new roller coaster, HangTime, where riders will reach 57 mph". http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/16/knotts-berry-farm-announces-new-roller-coaster-hangtime-where-riders-will-reach-57-mph/.
- "Knott's HangTime Goes Vertical + New Animation Video Released". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2017/11/knotts-hangtime-goes-vertical-new.html.
- "Knott's Unveils HangTime's Trains During Construction Update + Testing Footage". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2018/03/knotts-unveils-hangtimes-trains-during.html.
- Knott’s new roller coaster HangTime is now open to passholders: Here’s what it’s like - Orange County Register
- Knott's Berry Farm Twitter post
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Knott's Berry FarmArticles on|