|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Designer / calculations||Ron Toomer|
|Type||Steel - Terrain - Hybrid|
|Riders per train||36|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||48 mph|
Thunderation is a steel hybrid terrain roller coaster located at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri, USA. Opened on April 10, 1993, it was the park's second roller coaster, after Fire In The Hole in 1972. It was built by Intermountain Rides in conjunction with Arrow Dynamics. The ride's supports were designed by Ride Centerline.
In 1992, Silver Dollar City announced that Thunderation would be coming to the park. The ride opened on April 10, 1993.
The third and fifth car on each train had previously operated in reverse. This offering was present by at least 1999 but removed, with all cars facing forward, by 2011.
Unlike most roller coasters, the lift hill is located near the end of the track layout.
2 trains with 6 cars per train. In each car, riders are arranged 2 across in 3 rows, for a total of 36 riders per train.
- ↑ Amusement - Intermountain Lift
- ↑ "Rides List". http://ridecenterline.com/projects/rides-list/. Retrieved 2022-04-16.
- ↑ "Theme park adds roller coaster". https://www.newspapers.com/clip/53869159/theme-park-adds-roller-coaster/.
- ↑ "Roller coasters losing their attraction", Telegraph-Forum (July 10, 1999). Retrieved on December 16, 2021.
- Thunderation on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Silver Dollar CityArticles on|