|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Product||Xtreme Spinning Coaster|
|Type||Steel - Launched - Spinning|
|Riders per train||16|
|Propulsion||2 LSM launches|
|Top speed||50.3 mph|
Time Traveler is a steel launched spinning roller coaster located at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri, USA. It was manufactured by Mack Rides and opened on March 14, 2018. Time Traveler broke six records in total, including the record for the fastest spinning roller coaster at 50.3 mph and the steepest spinning roller coaster at 90 degrees.
Time Traveler was officially announced on August 16, 2017.
The ride opened on March 14, 2018.
Early on, Time Traveler began to experience maintenance delays. Officials had confirmed that the ride would be closed almost daily for an average of 35 minutes. Spokesperson Lisa Rau said that the technology was very secure and there were hundreds of sensors on the coaster. The smallest alert on a sensor could even cause delays which had to be checked thoroughly. Several outside factors could affect Time Traveler, such as 90 degree temperatures which made the cars go faster, so that the parameters have to be tweaked again. Ride operators said that guests could help cut down on delays by using the test seat located right by the entrance. They could pull the latch to make sure the size of the seat would work for them. They also said that riders who tried to latch the safety bar multiple times could cause sensors to trigger, which prompted more delays. If the ride was delayed for 30 minutes or more, the park would issue "front of the line" passes for guests towards the front of the line to make up for time lost during the maintenance delays.
After the front gates open, the trains leave the station and head into its maximum vertical angle drop of 90-degrees. Descending the 90 foot (27 m) drop at its maximum speed of 50.3 miles per hour (81.0 km/h), the trains enter a dive loop, head upwards into a left banked turn and then a right banked U-turn. Next, the trains enter the first LSM launch section where they stop momentarily before accelerating to 47 miles per hour (76 km/h) in three seconds. The trains then enter a horseshoe before continuing down left into the 95 foot (29 m) vertical loop. Immediately after, the trains follow upwards into a left banked turn and subsequently head downward into a right banked curve where it transitions into a zero-g roll. The trains after traverse into another left banked turn upwards before dipping down into the second LSM launch going from 30 miles per hour (48 km/h) to 45 miles per hour (72 km/h). Following the launch, the trains head up into a overbanked turn to the right before heading towards a left banked turn and into the final brake run where the train makes a right U-turn back into the station. One cycle of the ride takes about two minutes.
- "The triple-inversion spinning coaster Time Traveler turns a traditional family ride upside down". https://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-tr-silver-dollar-city-time-traveler-spinning-coaster-20170816-story.html.
- "Time Traveler's Track Now Complete at Silver Dollar City". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2017/09/time-travelers-track-now-complete-at.html.
- "Time Traveler car debuts". https://www.parkworld-online.com/time-traveler-car-debuts/.
- "New Time Traveler Coaster Begins Test Runs At Silver Dollar City". https://coasternation.com/new-time-traveler-coaster-begins-test-runs-at-silver-dollar-city/.
- "Time Traveler Highlights Silver Dollar City Season Opener March 14". https://www.inparkmagazine.com/time-traveler-open-march-14/.
- "Silver Dollar City explains causes of maintenance delays on Time Traveler". https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Silver-Dollar-City-explains-causes-of-maintenance-delays-on-Time-Traveler-483994491.html.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Silver Dollar CityArticles on|